Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reichard Booming Kicks at OTAs
Krauser@Krauserrific
“Holy hell”
“Oh my god”

Unrestrained kicker hype from @MatthewColler and @DaneMizutani who were blown away watching Will Reichard kick indoors at OTAs:
* hitting 60 yard FGs with distance to spare
* super consistent, down the middle every time
* the ball booms off his foot

https://x.com/Krauserrific/status/1801324573222387746
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I read that he and Romo were both perfect earlier this week at OTA's, but Reichard had help with one of his...it bounced through off the cross bar. So I don't think Romo is going to roll over and give up. This is a better kicker competition than I envisioned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(06-13-2024, 02:56 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Krauser@Krauserrific
“Holy hell”
“Oh my god”

Unrestrained kicker hype from @MatthewColler and @DaneMizutani who were blown away watching Will Reichard kick indoors at OTAs:
* hitting 60 yard FGs with distance to spare
* super consistent, down the middle every time
* the ball booms off his foot

https://x.com/Krauserrific/status/1801324573222387746

Sounds like Blair Walsh all over again… just saying!

Ice water in the veins
Brass Ballz
Doesnt blink
Lights aren't too bright
Bravest when its all on the line

Am I talking JJM?
Reichard?
Both????
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Reichard is a machine. He gets lift immediately when striking the ball, he's never had a kick blocked.

Looks like we also might have a new punter in Seth Vernon. Wright has been inconsistent in OTAs. A way to go yet on that, but Wright was shaky last year.

When I watched Reichard's clips after we drafted him the thing that stuck out to me was how consistently he hits the ball. The way the ball turns over, the height, the arch (I'm sure ST coaches have better words for this)-- all very consistent with no line drives, cuts or slices.

It would be nice if the Vikings drafted their kicker for the ages. Joseph was pretty good in the clutch, but you shouldn't have to worry so much about your kicker missing extra points. Let Green Bay worry about that now.

Not many teams have a kicker that they can count on for years. If we could get a guy that just locked down the spot for a decade that would be huge. It’s not likely, but it would be huge.