Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CBS Sports.com: How the Vikings aced their offseason
(06-04-2024, 07:58 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: We will have ample cap room to find someone like that next offseason.  I understand the reason why they had to keep some of their powder dry.
They did a damn good job with remaking the roster as it was.

Yep. I'm not dinging the Vikings because they didn't overpay for Wilkinson. They wanted him, they tried, it got nuts and they said 'no thanks'. Not going to bat a thousand in NFL free agency. They know they need help on the interior of the line.

I think how the Vikings do in 2024 will be more about the defense. Last year, Flores took the 31st ranked defense and turned them into a top half unit. I think they've marginally upgraded at LB and DB. The biggest question, then, will be if the Turner, Greenard and Van Ginkel rotation can pressure the QB more than the Hunter, Wonnum and Patrick Jones rotation. I think the odds of that are decent. 

The two biggest obstacles to improving upon our 7-10 record will be, one, the rest of the division got better too. It will be tough to finish .500 against that group. And, two, the first half of the schedule is brutal. Vikings will have to win a couple early season games in which they will be clear underdogs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

"I think the Vikings are the most dangerous team this year that nobody is talking about and I think they are making the playoffs"

https://x.com/SKORNorth/status/1798090095204995566
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(06-05-2024, 09:03 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: "I think the Vikings are the most dangerous team this year that nobody is talking about and I think they are making the playoffs"

I don't think there's any doubt from a national media perspective, they are mostly being dismissed. With Darnold as the starter, the thinking is its a transition year and lets talk about the Vikings in 2025 with JJM at the helm. But the Vikings have much more talent than your normal team that has drafted a rookie QB top 10. What the ends up meaning for 2024, I have no idea. But to say there shouldn't be some optimism or potential wouldn't be accurate either.

(06-05-2024, 09:03 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: "I think the Vikings are the most dangerous team this year that nobody is talking about and I think they are making the playoffs"

I agree with this take. Primarily due to changes on defense, but also feel all they need at QB is a game manager with all the offensive weapons they have!
[-] The following 1 user Likes hogjowlsjohnny's post:

Okay I give up, who the hell is Wilkinson…?!  Cool Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(06-05-2024, 11:59 AM)Kentis Wrote: Okay I give up, who the hell is Wilkinson…?!  Cool Angel

He played for the Washington Sentinels in 2000.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 2 users Like wiviking's post:

(06-05-2024, 11:59 AM)Kentis Wrote: Okay I give up, who the hell is Wilkinson…?!  Cool Angel

lol, Christian Wilkins! That is so funny, I do old man stuff like that with names sometimes that I used to give my parents grief for. This is me now (first 2 minutes):

[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: