Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only read if you have a Physics or Mathematics degree
from r/minnesotavikings

The analytics crew today cracks me up. Trying SO hard to keep this cottage industry afloat with superfluous complexity. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952uv63nof8fse0lnjtwul...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

wtf, and i had 30 years in mkt research lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I think that is subjective evaluation...hard to be objective without any accompanying definitions applied for Weighted Position Surplus and Blind Surplus. WTF are those?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

I think there’s value in analytics, but the model has to be aligned with reality for it to be useful. Obviously, with just a chart and no definitions on what anything is, it’s hard to understand exactly what they are going for here and twitter is blocked at my work. It kind of sounds like, how often teams invested in premium positions and how often teams “reached”, most notably all the teams that got a first round QB look pretty good in this metric.

I’m not sure the Bears should get a shit ton of credit in drafting Williams as that’s more a reflection in how bad Carolina was last year than any shrewd drafting ability the Bears had.

Evaluating NFL Draft Picks by Steven Patton

Premium Positions, Big Boards, & Approximate Value

Read on Substack
<script async src="https://substack.com/embedjs/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(05-07-2024, 11:45 AM)comet52 Wrote:

Evaluating NFL Draft Picks by Steven Patton

Premium Positions, Big Boards, & Approximate Value

Read on Substack
<script async src="https://substack.com/embedjs/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9526ui3utxzbc80oh935kt...w.gif&ct=g]