Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Stroud: Greenard is going to help Turner
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Hoping JG is right. I never saw Hunter as a mentor to others (like Wonnum). He was "the big quiet" it seemed. Not very vocal on or off the field. Did I miss something?
This would be an interesting situation where an experienced player (JG) can come in and mentor a highly regarded, top talent rookie (Turner). We haven't had that on the edge in quite a while have we?

Some good observations from Stroud.

I was very concerned about Edge after losing the guys we did...

"ON PAPER" this group coming in looks to have a high ceiling and a nice mix of experience and youth.

I give the Vikings a B on the DL moves this off-season.

Two things would have made it an "A" for me: winning the bidding for Wilkinson (they have a shit ton of cap next year) and they could have placed more emphasis on the IDL this draft.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(05-06-2024, 10:09 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Some good observations from Stroud.

I was very concerned about Edge after losing the guys we did...

"ON PAPER" this group coming in looks to have a high ceiling and a nice mix of experience and youth.

I give the Vikings a B on the DL moves this off-season.

Two things would have made it an "A" for me: winning the bidding for Wilkinson (they have a shit ton of cap next year) and they could have placed more emphasis on the IDL this draft.

It's hard to complain much after the draft they had, but I agree. Adding Wilkinson to Turner and Greenard would've taken this defense to another level. Players like that are so rarely available in free agency.

(05-06-2024, 10:20 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: It's hard to complain much after the draft they had, but I agree. Adding Wilkinson to Turner and Greenard would've taken this defense to another level. Players like that are so rarely available in free agency.

Exactly, not as rare as a KC hitting free agency but...

Kwesi talks about getting away from the calculator and making no regret moves...They have a QB on year 1 of a rook contract for gods sakes and (one more time) a s hit ton of cap.

Swing and miss? Probably - but there is also the chance he just wanted to play/live in Vegas and with that coaching staff too. More so than the Midwest. I thought at the time Flores might give us an inside track.

Don't discount Van Ginkel - That kid is all motor. I saw a few Dolphins games from last year. Seemed like he was everywhere.

He will QUICKLY become a favorite
[-] The following 2 users Like Vanguard83's post:

We need dawgs on this team. Other than maybe Dirty Harry, who is a quiet leader, we have few if any. I can't remember the last time the Vikings played with a nasty attitude.
[-] The following 3 users Like NorseFeathers's post:

(05-06-2024, 02:31 PM)NorseFeathers Wrote: We need dawgs on this team. Other than maybe Dirty Harry, who is a quiet leader, we have few if any. I can't remember the last time the Vikings played with a nasty attitude.

2015-2017 was the zenith of Zimsu's D's.

The Williams Wall years were fun and then we might have to go all the way back to Burnsie/F. Peters D's?

Those were stacked and nasty.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(05-06-2024, 02:31 PM)NorseFeathers Wrote: We need dawgs on this team. Other than maybe Dirty Harry, who is a quiet leader, we have few if any. I can't remember the last time the Vikings played with a nasty attitude.

We had a pretty good tradition of DL leaders for awhile with Jared Allen, Everson Griffen, and Brian Robinson and guys like Greenway, Newman, etc.  Harry is more of a quiet, lead by example type.  Danielle struck me as the same way.

I think we are starting to fill up the defense with some Dawgs.  Harrison Phillips plays hard, Greenard and Van Ginkel can bring the heat, and Pace lays the lumber.  I think the defense is going to be really good this season.  Thinking like the 2016 defense that was top 5-10 before we really ascended to a top 3 defense in 2017.