Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I would have waited all day and all two days for you guys"
McCarthy's response to KOC, when coach apologized that he had to wait so long to be selected.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vanguard83's post:

I was really hoping for Maye and also like Nix, but everything I have seen from this kid in the interviews I just love, incredibly smart, respectful, classy, passionate and seems like he is natural leader.  Think he is going to be a great fit.

Was meant to be a QB before he was born!
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

Very impressive press conference for both picks.
[-] The following 4 users Like Waterboy's post:

I'm going to have go watch those b4 bed.

His whole family was beyond elated that Minnesota drafted him.....WME Sports (JJM's agency) had made Minnesota their top choice privately. There's a story on ESPN on how KOC has a whole long term plan for JJM and he won't deviate from it to ensure optimal chance for success. Never before is there more visibility to the fact that the TEAM is as important as the player in many cases for long term QB success. JJM was probably the biggest culture fit QB in the whole Draft for Minnesota. He's a natural leader.

Look at how Chicago is handling things now with Williams compared to what they did just recently with Justin Fields. A complete 180 of support and planning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-27-2024, 04:50 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: His whole family was beyond elated that Minnesota drafted him.....WME Sports (JJM's agency) had made Minnesota their top choice privately. There's a story on ESPN on how KOC has a whole long term plan for JJM and he won't deviate from it to ensure optimal chance for success. Never before is there more visibility to the fact that the TEAM is as important as the player in many cases for long term QB success. JJM was probably the biggest culture fit QB in the whole Draft for Minnesota. He's a natural leader.

Look at how Chicago is handling things now with Williams compared to what they did just recently with Justin Fields. A complete 180 of support and planning.

I do really like hearing that KOC has a plan to do everything possible to ensure success. I also liked hearing on that other JJM article you linked that MN was the most thorough when researching QB. Gives you good vibes that we may have a real shot at a good one here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LabGeek's post:

I was initially disappointed that we missed out on Penix, but I've had JJM and him on the same tier all along and that we didn't have to burn 23 or next years 1st to get our QBOTF, and he's genuinely excited to be a Viking, I can't complain at all and am excited to see the young man grow into our franchise leader.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(04-27-2024, 09:03 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I was initially disappointed that we missed out on Penix,  but I've had JJM and him on the same tier all along and that we didn't have to burn 23 or next years 1st to get our QBOTF, and he's genuinely excited to be a Viking,  I can't complain at all and am excited to see the young man grow into our franchise leader.

I never thought we'd have a shot at him because I really did not want us to burn all those extra draft picks (three #1's?  Come'on man).  So I was focused on Penix and Nix.  Atlanta basically put Penix on the shelf for a few years (assuming Kirko Chainz comes back 100% from that Achilles injury), and I do think that Nix will thrive in Denver.  I preferred Nix over the two because even though Penix could drop dimes, his completion % was ten points below Nix.

Anyway Jimmy, I am on board the JJ train.