Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So this is believable? Vikings trying to move up to #3?
(04-23-2024, 07:54 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: The cost to get up to #3 would be astronomical considering New England also badly needs a quarterback.

I'm at the point where you just don't negotiate on a trade up and you call their bluffs and make these teams make a pick. I'm not dealing with Arizona, Los Angeles, or the Giants. The Cardinals and Chargers aren't taking quarterbacks and the chances of the Chargers moving back with either Vegas or Denver to allow then to move up for a quarterback is slim to none. Make them make their picks. Same with the Giants, who badly need a playmaker on offense and drafting a quarterback now would be an admission of guilt that they screwed up giving Jones that big extension. I just don't see that happening when they need to push for the playoffs this season. The Giants are going to sit tight and take the best receiver left on the board. The Titans should be the starting point in any negotiation to trade up for a quarterback and that would be a cost manageable trade up. I think that's the sweet spot.

Not a bad hypothesis, you might be right. I don't think there's any doubt regardless that shit won't happen until during the Draft. There's just so much ambiguity this year that you need to see it play out a bit before making a move.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I think its simple; They want Maye
NE wont be trading
MAYBE they get JJ @ 4 or 5
Get ready for Penix folks
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

So it’s not about moving the Patriots off a QB altogether. It’s about moving them to a “lesser” QB in exchange for picks, and lesser is subjective, so maybe they are getting their preferred QB anyway. They could move all the way to 11, and they are probably still certain to get either Penix or Nix, just as we are, but they’d also have 23, and 2025 first, and some lesser pick. They could say if you get to 4 for 11 and 23, we’ll swap with you for the 2025 first to get Maye and we’ll take the next QB at 4.

(04-23-2024, 04:41 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: This is their plan? Their #1 gameplan is to negotiate with a team that needs a QB as well and get them to trade with you? It seems too unreliable and unpredictable as a main option. What don't we know? Or is this complete bullshit as a rumor? Or is the plan to just bend over, give them top-shelf comp and not look back?

I'm trying to put logic to this and it doesn't make any sense....unless there's something we don't know, which is entirely possible.
Or it’s one hell of a risky go-forward strategy. 2 days and we'll know. Looking for the logic. I think Minnesota will dip into their Plan Bs and Cs for this Draft. Give me Michael Penix Jr. at #11. I still don't get why the Patriots would move off of 3 needing a QB.

[Image: 98d845c2e94e352cf2a2cd0d7b238f96.gif]

I posted months ago, IMO, the Vikings had 2 options going into the offseason…. Keep Cousins or sell the farm to be able to draft a top 3 QB. My opinion hasn’t changed much other than including JJM.  

Yes, it’s going to be expensive. Yes we are going to give up too much (probably 3 1sts and a conditional later pick…maybe 4 firsts). But this front office left itself no choice. We have an offense built to win now with a generational talent at WR waiting to sign an extension until he knows what our future at QB looks like. 

I think Maye/Daniels is option 1 and JJM is the only back up plan we have. I think we’re prepared to offer New England whatever it takes in order to get their pick. New England is a terrible football team with a litany of holes and a new HC. If there was ever a team that needed a ton of draft capital, it’s them. A QB, while still a need, is realistically less valuable to them than a bunch of draft picks to rebuild their roster. 

I think where JJM comes in, is if the Pats decide last minute to balk and stay at 3 for whatever reason. I also think, in that scenario, we’re going to have to overpay San Diego to get to 5 with the Giants sitting at 6. 

So, to answer your original question…
Unfortunately, yes…this is the plan. I truly believe if we end up with Penix or Nix, this front office will feel they failed to execute their plan and didn’t AT ALL get the QB they wanted to lead this team.

I’ll go as far as to say if they don’t end up with Maye, Daniels, or JJM. They will absolutely NOT take a QB at 11 and will likely try to move down in the first round. They MIGHT take Nix or Penix if they’re there at 23, but they absolutely won’t move up to get either of them.