Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you willing to give up for your QBOTF?
I hope they go all in, this is unchartered territory. I am sure they will do what is best and make something work

(04-21-2024, 12:22 PM)CFIAvike Wrote: In all honesty, whatever it takes. I just want this team to identify the one guy whom they think can get this team to the next level and go get him at whatever cost.

In free agency, this team has been aggressive in going to get QBs they think are difference makers. They have NEVER done that in the draft (unless you count Teddy).

If we’re going to draft a QB to hitch this offense to, I’m sick of “waiting to see who’s available” and taking leftovers. I’d be far more accepting of going up to get a guy that doesn’t pan out than taking the 5th or 6th best QB in a class, watching them be mid, and seeing a guy drafted before them having success.

Just go get your guy and don’t look back

This. And if you think we'll have FOMO if someone like Maye or JJM become a top 5 guy, imagine how KO will feel if he pounds the table for a guy but Kwesi doesn't pony up. Yes, I understand this train of thought is how you lose negotiations, I'm just pointing out a very possible scenario. I agree with you 100%. Just go get the guy. If he's not the guy that sucks royally but at least we shot our shot. Much rather that then pass the ball to a lesser player for a contested look and pray.

So I think the greatest odds of a true bust in relation to selection and the NFL Draft is going to be Drake Maye and JJM. They'll be taken high and there are question marks on both, with the carrot of top-end ceilings. Not saying they will be busts, I'm saying they are the two most likely candidates in relation to where they will be selected.

I think my hard limit is 11, 23, 2025 first, and one or two day three picks. Anything beyond that I think would be unwise as I don’t think any team is capable of identifying a winner that accurately and no amount of extra spending will increase your odds of picking a winner enough to overcome what you are spending. That said, I feel significantly better only spending 11 and 23, but by all accounts KOC has locked onto one or two guys and we’ll probably spend a shitload to get that guy, and people will be excited about it because putting the deed of your house on the line is infinitely more exciting than doing the smart thing.

(04-22-2024, 09:48 AM)medaille Wrote: I think my hard limit is 11, 23, 2025 first, and one or two day three picks.  Anything beyond that I think would be unwise as I don’t think any team is capable of identifying a winner that accurately and no amount of extra spending will increase your odds of picking a winner enough to overcome what you are spending.  That said, I feel significantly better only spending 11 and 23, but by all accounts KOC has locked onto one or two guys and we’ll probably spend a shitload to get that guy, and people will be excited about it because putting the deed of your house on the line is infinitely more exciting than doing the smart thing.

We need the laughing post emojis back! This made me chuckle because it's very true. That said I'm all for putting the deed up for Maye. This is all entertainment and dammit, it's exciting! Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

The question in the subject is loaded, because if there were guarantees of long-term excellence...yeah, I'd be all for packaging the two first rounders plus next year's and call it good. Hell, just to have the relative peace from the offseason "QB trade? Picks for QB? QB? Trade? Picks?" every fuggin' year, it'd almost be worth the price.

But...there's no guarantees, and some of us cynical ol' bastards remember the many first-round "gotta haves" that became Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Vince Young, Matt Lienart, and so on. Let's face it: Kyler Murray is starting to get that smell about him, Burrow shows signs of inconsistent availability, and even guys like Matt Ryan got to the big game, only to fail...

...none of that can be good enough, right? Yes, I'm among those that lecture about it being a team sport, it's maybe the ultimate team sport...but this leads to my ultimate point:

what are you willing to give for that QB that now WON'T go on OT, DT, CB, etc...?
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!