Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Anyone else?
I got a growing suspicion some team is going to make a big trade (top 5) b4 draft night. 

I bet the phone lines are hot right now.

I hope we don't jump the gun. We should wait until the Patriots are on the clock and then............they will call us and accept our last offer.

(04-18-2024, 08:42 PM)FLVike Wrote: I hope we don't jump the gun. We should wait until the Patriots are on the clock and then............they will call us and accept our last offer.

Unless the rumors are true that they really want Daniels and Washington picks Maye. Then we would be out of the top 3 QBs sweepstakes.

I would not trade up to 4 or 5, but if I could I would definitely lock in #3 right now, that would give you an entire week to try to get Tarkenton to approve letting him wear 10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

Nope. I don't see it before #5. And why would you do that except on Draft night to see what's what? I mean maybe the Giants??

I may be very wrong here and I think most know my feeling is that the Draft is going to be much more boring that we'd like and I don't see Minnesota moving up before #5, if that. I think that's 50/50 and there will be competition for that spot which LA will exploit to its fullest. See story below:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3997...-no-5-pick

Its going to take more comp than ever this year.

(04-18-2024, 09:51 PM)JR44 Wrote: I would not trade up to 4 or 5, but if I could I would definitely lock in #3 right now, that would give you an entire week to try to get Tarkenton to approve letting him wear 10.

lol, I actually had this thought a few weeks ago. Too funny.  Wink

Trading up to #5 may be the only way to get to #3. The Patriots may have told the Vikings that they don't want to drop more than a slot or two...
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

(04-19-2024, 07:18 AM)rf54 Wrote: Trading up to #5 may be the only way to get to #3.  The Patriots may have told the Vikings that they don't want to drop more than a slot or two...

Right?

Depends on how many blue chippers Wolf sees out there. Or, there are 1-2 players they really want out of this (one of the QBs or MHJ for example). 

At the end of the day, I am probably more in StickierBuns camp; 50/50 they can move up.. Hell, I might put it at 35% - 40% odds.

(04-19-2024, 07:18 AM)rf54 Wrote: Trading up to #5 may be the only way to get to #3.  The Patriots may have told the Vikings that they don't want to drop more than a slot or two...

Very possible. But you hate the idea of having to put together two separate packages and getting held to the fire twice. Seems we could maybe do it cheaper by just doing a 3-way trade with the Pats and Chargers. 

Something like...
Pats get pick 5 and Vikings '25 1st (JJM)
Chargers get pick 11 and 23 (LT and WR)
Vikings get pick 3 and Pats '25 3rd (Maye)

[Image: productMain_1291.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: