Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What doesn’t Risner seem to draw interest?
It seemed lime he played well once the Vikings finally signed him last season but he drew little interest before then, amd he’s drawing little interest now

Its a good question, but I think its because he's so one dimensional. Good pass protector, but even then he's mostly getting in the way more than he's dominating.

I think because he can't run block. He's the opposite of Graham Glasgow in Detroit. That guy is one of the best run blocking guards in the NFL, but can't pass block for shit. 

Price tag too high. Brandel has a similar grade. The Risner ship has sailed i think. 

B- player wants A level pay… Confused 

Now that KJ got picked up, maybe he gets signed. I wonder if those two weren’t purposely left out there to be signed for the compensatory picks?

They didn't quite put it into words, but Purple Daily was insinuating that since the whole league let him hang for the entire offseason last year, maybe he's just an asshole  :p

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:
Now that KJ got picked up, maybe he gets signed. I wonder if those two weren’t purposely left out there to be signed for the compensatory picks?
At this point many teams need to be careful not to sign marginal FAs who may adversely affect their compensatory pick status. This does not apply to the Vikings with Risner. We can always bring him back; he is our FA. However, if another team signs him, that could help us. Other teams may want to wait until May 1 at which point FA signings do not impact the comp picks. He will find a job at some point ... but he may have to bring down his salary expectations.

He's the guy that wrote My Friend Dahmer, right?