Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jefferson turned down $30 mil per last year?
Anyone able to confirm this rumor?If so, re-signing him is hardly a slam dunk.

From how Kwesi negotiated with Kirk meanwhile saying they’d “love to have him back”. I think he’s gonna draw a line in the sand and trade him away if he doesn’t bow down to his offer despite saying “we have no plan on trading him”

Quote: @"CFIAvike" said:

From how Kwesi negotiated with Kirk meanwhile saying they’d “love to have him back”. I think he’s gonna draw a line in the sand and trade him away if he doesn’t bow down to his offer despite saying “we have no plan on trading him”

I’m going to go out on a wild limb and guess it was a contract structure issue. That seems to be the hallmark of KAM. For being a brilliant guy, he’s struggling to understand what these guys really want - safety, stability, amd peace of mind. The 2 and 3 year contracts work for some guys, but your top level players need to see more buy in and true committment for a real term. Not offering Cousins 2 to 3 for sure years killed that one too. KAM needs to recognize that in a negotiaton, a big key to success is identifying those non-monetary triggers that can swing them your way. There appears to be a disconnect there. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"CFIAvike" said:

I’m going to go out on a wild limb and guess it was a contract structure issue. That seems to be the hallmark of KAM. For being a brilliant guy, he’s struggling to understand what these guys really want - safety, stability, amd peace of mind. The 2 and 3 year contracts work for some guys, but your top level players need to see more buy in and true committment for a real term. Not offering Cousins 2 to 3 for sure years killed that one too. KAM needs to recognize that in a negotiaton, a big key to success is identifying those non-monetary triggers that can swing them your way. There appears to be a disconnect there. 
so…. It’s not about the money, it’s about what the money represents. 

I also think what KAM fails to realize is how he negotiated with Kirk is gonna leave an impression with JJ about how he’s gonna be treated. 
Kirk was his QB from the jump and he could be seeing that how Kirk was treated is how faces and leaders of this franchise get treated in negotiations. 

Jefferson’s negotiations are going to be difficult and he’s FAR less than a guarantee to re-sign

Love JJ...but....when has “break the bank” ever helped a franchise?

I have some real concerns about turning that kind of money over to a player, even the best player at his position, that handles the ball 10-12 times a game at best

Quote: @"Vanguard83" said:
Love JJ...but....when has “break the bank” ever helped a franchise?

AD is still  the highest paid RB in NFL history, 
12 years later?

So there's that....

Yay?

Quote: @"Purplewhizz" said:
I have some real concerns about turning that kind of money over to a player, even the best player at his position, that handles the ball 10-12 times a game at best
You are discounting the impact he has on every single offensive snap,  most all plays the D will have 2 sometimes 3 players in some way accounting for Jefferson.   I'm not saying he is or isn't worth 30m per. But to reduce his contribution to 10 - 12 touches per game is pretty disingenuous IMO.

Actually, the term was supposedly the issue, but it was the other way around. JJ wants a short 2-3 year deal so he can double down and cash in again with a top level contract and the Vikings wanted to lock him up at the current market for much longer. 

When a QB can drop back, close his eyes, and chuck it out in his direction and have a 75% chance of completing it, then he is worth way more than the average WR.