Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Cousins be resigned? (SPOILER ALERT.... NO!)
Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Tick tock.....

"If the #Vikings don't sign Kirk Cousins before March 13, they'll incur $28.5M in dead money from previous restructures on their 2024 salary cap. "

Does the dead cap to  Hunter and Davenport get tacked on as well if they're not resigned?
Yes

Well, since the Vikes are going to suck next season, and most likely the next three, we might as well see if Atlanta wants a WR too.  Why not just trade JJ for the Falcons 1st?  It looks like the "competitive" rebuild is now over.Cousins takes hundreds of millions from the Vikes and finally had a decent coach to help him get out of his own head.  I was just starting to like him, but now I don't again.  I hope he gets his ass kicked playing for the Falcons; especially when the Vikes play him.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
Well, since the Vikes are going to suck next season, and most likely the next three, we might as well see if Atlanta wants a WR too.  Why not just trade JJ for the Falcons 1st?  It looks like the "competitive" rebuild is now over.Cousins takes hundreds of millions from the Vikes and finally had a decent coach to help him get out of his own head.  I was just starting to like him, but now I don't again.  I hope he gets his ass kicked playing for the Falcons; especially when the Vikes play him.
Why would you be po'd at Kirko for taking that much better of a contact?

A nice dude who seems like the kinda guy you'd like as a neighbor or an in-law.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Why would you be po'd at Kirko for taking that much better of a contact?

A nice dude who seems like the kinda guy you'd like as a neighbor or an in-law.

"Nice guy" Kirk said he wanted to stay a Viking and he's made so much money that the contract amount really wasn't the main issue for his next contract.  I don't think that's true at all.  I really thought Kirk was pretty "dorky" and not the kind of leader teams look for from their high priced QB the entire time he played for Zimmer.  O'Connell comes in and straightened him out and he's finally looking like he's playing loose and becomes a much better leader. 
Kirk pretty much says "No Thanks" to KOC/KAM and moves on and now the Vikes are screwed.  Why would I not be bugged he chose Atlanta over my team?  I'm pissed and I honestly hope he gets his ass kicked everytime the Vikes play him.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mattyman" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
Tick tock.....

"If the #Vikings don't sign Kirk Cousins before March 13, they'll incur $28.5M in dead money from previous restructures on their 2024 salary cap. "

Does the dead cap to  Hunter and Davenport get tacked on as well if they're not resigned?
Yes
Davenport just signed with Lions