Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wilson released by Broncos
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Signed a 1.2 million dollar deal. Peanuts. Low risk, potential big return signing in Pittsburgh. 
Willing to be wrong on this but I think it’s a great move by PIT. Not just because it’s a cheap, what the heck type of move but because I think he’ll play well.

They have a solid roster. Much better than Denver’s. And an HC who’s not a complete clown.

He’s obviously not Tom Brady and idk about a ring, but I could see this being a scenario where in a year or 2 we all look back (Like after Brady signed fairly cheap and won a ring in TB) and say, jeez why weren’t more teams in on that?

Like I said, maybe I’m dead wrong but I think Russ will do well there. Way better than their other options. 
I agree with everything except the coach not being a clown,  I thought a lot of Tomlin early on,  but his time in Pittsburgh has me thinking otherwise,  IMO is a major jack ass of a coach,  maybe not to the level of sean payton,  but certainly in the same conversation.

Russ's game was always about running around and playing hero ball.  In his old (for the NFL) age it just isn't there any more imho.

I heard back at least a month ago about Wilson to Pittsburgh and never doubted that was the landing spot.  I have no idea how he'll do there but at least this puts the Wilson to the Vikings nonsense where it always belonged - on a trash heap.