Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additions to coaching staff

Schneider: Kevin, I just want to thank you again for making me Assistant Head Coach. I will work hard to make you proud.
KOC: Henry, you're the assistant TO the Head Coach.
Schneider: Yep, that's what I said. You are the Head Coach and I am your assistant. I'm the Assistant Head Coach. Can I fire Brian Flores? I'm going to need a corner office and access to the loud speaker system. Also, I want to start a new training regimen centered around Brazilian jiu jitsu.

An actual response to this news on Twitter: "what a joke this team is." Thinking this was sarcasm mocking morons who bitch just for the sake of bitching, I laughed. But this dude doubled down. "This team does nothing to better themselves. Instead of an OL coach, maybe draft some OL talent." He was...SERIOUS.

Look, I know all teams have their morons, but Viking Twitter has got to be Moron Central Station. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
An actual response to this news on Twitter: "what a joke this team is." Thinking this was sarcasm mocking morons who bitch just for the sake of bitching, I laughed. But this dude doubled down. "This team does nothing to better themselves. Instead of an OL coach, maybe draft some OL talent." He was...SERIOUS.

Look, I know all teams have their morons, but Viking Twitter has got to be Moron Central Station. 
I don't think this is unique to Vikings fans...I absolutely believe there are fans out there who are in their happiest place when they are complaining, have something to complain about. 

There are friends of mine who I will not go to a game with for this very reason. I dont have the hide to deal with it anymore. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

I don't think this is unique to Vikings fans...I absolutely believe there are fans out there who are in their happiest place when they are complaining, have something to complain about. 

There are friends of mine who I will not go to a game with for this very reason. I dont have the hide to deal with it anymore. 

No, it's not unique to Viking fans. But a social media group last year surveyed NFL team fan posts on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit and found that the Vikings have the most negative online fanbase. Vikings ranked pretty average on Facebook and Reddit, but their Twitter score was nearly double the nearest team. There's just something about Viking fans and Twitter. 

And honestly I'd bet half of this was about Kirk Cousins. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

No, it's not unique to Viking fans. But a social media group last year surveyed NFL team fan posts on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit and found that the Vikings have the most negative online fanbase. Vikings ranked pretty average on Facebook and Reddit, but their Twitter score was nearly double the nearest team. There's just something about Viking fans and Twitter. 

Well, lets face it --- we have suffered greatly. Vikings and Bills fans. 

Not sure what it is about Vikings fans and QB's though. 

Pepp polarized/splintered the fans and so does Kirko. And I think the Culpepper vitriol started well b4 he re-habbed @ Walmart. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Well, lets face it --- we have suffered greatly. Vikings and Bills fans. 

Not sure what it is about Vikings fans and QB's though. 

Pepp polarized/splintered the fans and so does Kirko. And I think the Culpepper vitriol started well b4 he re-habbed @ Walmart. 

Negativity breeds engagement. And nobody understands this quite like the folks at Skor North. I'm not convinced Mackey actually believes what he says. But he knows anger is the emotion that sparks the most comments on web content.

I think he might just be following the business model of certain political personalities who have caught fire on social media. There's a lot of money in stupid.