Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cash More Important than Cap
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Adding $7M to everyone's cap space is no small thing. 

The 2024 salary cap is coming. Some are expecting it to be in the range of $242 million to $243 million per team. At least one source said in response to that, "More."

Another source says it will be closer to $250 million than $243 million.
Well, 

Its $12 for McDonalds now, might as well be $250mm for an NFL Cap Wink

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I'm a little worried that Kwesi might be a little too myopic in his approach to football finances. If you wanna win the game, you have to PLAY the game, even if it means spending more than you intended. Even if it means changing your mind or tweaking your long-term vision to accommodate for new and different information. 

This is likely getting made into a bigger deal than it needs to be. The Packers, Steelers, amongst others don't guarantee money at signing past year 1 either. The Vikings historically have offered signing bonuses and vesting guarantees in years 2 and 3. The dead money would be so large in years 2/3 its basically impossible to get out of the deal so its an effective guarantee vs. one in writing. Each side will posture but I fully believe they won't mess around with JJ too much. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I'm a little worried that Kwesi might be a little too myopic in his approach to football finances. If you wanna win the game, you have to PLAY the game, even if it means spending more than you intended. Even if it means changing your mind or tweaking your long-term vision to accommodate for new and different information. 

Each side will posture but I fully believe they won't mess around with JJ too much. 
That's all this is. This deal will get done.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Each side will posture but I fully believe they won't mess around with JJ too much. 
That's all this is. This deal will get done.
Exactly how I feel.