Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ makes it official
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Is it good news for the Vikings? Maybe because he wouldn't start right away. He hasn't been asked to do much so he has a lot to learn 
Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I'm not sold on JJM yet. Half of his profile is about projection. But in a year you need to draft a QB, the more QBs available, the better. 
Obviously I don't get to make the decision, just sharing my thoughts and observations. I guess it would be good if they are getting a qb based on potential that he gets to sit a while 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Norse said:
@MaroonBells said:
This is big news for the Vikings. No reason another year of growth can't happen in the NFL under Kirk Cousins. 
Somebody offers Kirk 3 years at 55 you think he will say no thanks I’m signing with the Vikings...Team friendly deal one year for $30 million. 
 I think Kirk  would be all about longevity of a contract and the money.
Given the limits of your question, no, he would take the money. But those are made up numbers with no basis on reality. Kirk's not going to get $55 from anyone. And the Vikings aren't going to offer him $30. 
Agreed, some fans will be shocked @ $40mm per. 

If Kirk does sign, Probably 2 years @ 40 million plus the 28 we already owe him.

Quote: @Norse said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Vikergirl said:
Is it good news for the Vikings? Maybe because he wouldn't start right away. He hasn't been asked to do much so he has a lot to learn 
Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I'm not sold on JJM yet. Half of his profile is about projection. But in a year you need to draft a QB, the more QBs available, the better. 
I just know we need to draft a QB this year due to us picking at 11.
I would hope that KAM and KOC don’t mess it up.

Packers up on Dallas 27 - 0 
yea and if we need to move up for our guy then so be it.   This organization has been stuck in purgatory for so long we live in fear based upon a qb pick more then a decade ago.  

Bills move up from 12 to 7 with conviction on josh allen.  

the year prior the chiefs move up from the 20’s to get Mahomes 

the ravens move back into the first round to get lamar.  

you have to identify who you want and have the conviction to make it happen otherwise we tread water year after year 

Im no expert but I play one on the internet.. don't get the JJ McCarthy love.. seems like another guy in the long list of guys who we project big hopes on. What am I missing?

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
Im no expert but I play one on the internet.. don't get the JJ McCarthy love.. seems like another guy in the long list of guys who we project big hopes on. What am I missing?
Well we aren’t in position and are likely unable to get into position to draft one of the QBs seen more as a sure thing. But we need a QB. So do we draft a guy with potential or more of a finished product who’s ceiling might be middle of the pack? That’s why people are intrigued by JJ. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
@Still Hurtn said:
Well we aren’t in position and are likely unable to get into position to draft one of the QBs seen more as a sure thing. But we need a QB. So do we draft a guy with potential or more of a finished product who’s ceiling might be middle of the pack? That’s why people are intrigued by JJ. 
So Christian Ponder 2.0? 

Quote: @Still Hurtn said:
@pattersaur said:
@Still Hurtn said:
So Christian Ponder 2.0?
Ponder is a weird case. I'm still not entirely sure why he didn't work out. The season he had where we got to the playoffs but Ponder had a shoulder injury and didn't play so we got bounced, he actually played okay. There was reason for optimism. And then the next season both he and we sucked. But despite understandable revisionist history, Ponder wasn't entirely DOA. For whatever reason he didn't develop.
That doesn't mean a different player won't. I also think JJ Mccarthy has a bigger arm, better mobility, and a much better surrounding cast than Ponder did (despite AD).

The only Ponder I allow in my thoughis is Sam…!!!  B)