Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jared Allen says Vikings should move on from Cousins
I think family and stability are really important to Kirk, that might be an important factor 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
I think family and stability are really important to Kirk, that might be an important factor 
Agreed. I also think his comfort in the same offense for the first time in his career may play a role in his decision.
Unfortunately, $ may trump all of that.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@comet52 said:
All his agent has to do is talk to a couple other teams and voila, he's got a "market" and leverage.  But I don't see Kwesi going for a Rick Spielman style giveaway.  He's been pretty consistent about what they are and aren't willing to do with/for Kirk.
If Cousins gets the point where it's legal for his agents to talk to other teams, it's probably gone too far. But even if it does, the LAST thing Cousins wants is to go learn a new offense, in a new city, without his line, without Jefferson, Addison and Hockenson. That, the injury and the fact that the Vikings have no other options at QB, should lead to an agreement. 
You think they're handing him a deal before free agency?  I don't even know if he'll be rehabbed from the injury at that point.  KAM doesn't look like a gambler to me, though the idiot owners can always make one of their special decisions. :p