Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes in on Shaq Leonard?

Not surprised. 

Seems washed up, so not surprised.

Wow, what a bizarre road this man has taken. Early 2nd rounder. DROY. Still only 28. 3X All Pro. Signed his 2nd contract in 2021, making him the highest paid LB in the NFL. Has back surgery in the offseason and is never the same. He claims he's fully healthy, but Colts limited his snaps and finally release him a couple days ago. 

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
He's only 28 years old and a former All-Pro so not sure what is going on there. But I guess he was released for a reason. Something must be up to be let go during the season like this. He did have 2 back surgeries last year and he hasn't performed well this year. The newspaper in Indy (Indianapolis Star) has a real hard-on for the guy, so maybe he's an asshole that has lingering injury issues and isn't performing. Maybe he is washed. 

This is from Gregg Doyel, who never minces words and is a direct as there is in the newspaper sports reporting industry:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/co...670804007/

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"kmillard" said:
He's only 28 years old and a former All-Pro so not sure what is going on there. But I guess he was released for a reason. Something must be up to be let go during the season like this. He did have 2 back surgeries last year and he hasn't performed well this year. The newspaper in Indy (Indianapolis Star) has a real hard-on for the guy, so maybe he's an asshole that has lingering injury issues and isn't performing. Maybe he is washed. 
Probably pissed the owner off. That's the quickest way out of Indy.

Sooooooo late in the season, not sure what kind of contribution you could realistically expect. This would be a move with an eye towards 24.

Vikings are thin @ LB...

Not sure the asshole card fits,  I read earlier today that despite being cut,  he was out in Indy this week giving out food to those that are in need,  I dont think a self absorbed asshole would have that kind of love for his city's unfortunate in his own time of struggle.