Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford: 'I've been through a lot with this knee'
“I’ve been through a lot with this knee,” Bradford said. “I’ve played through quite a few different bumps and bruises with it. I think every time that I’ve done that, you just know. I don’t think there’s a checkmark or a benchmark you’ve got to meet. You’ve got to be able to play quarterback. You’ve got to be able to do what the position requires you to do. If you’re not able to do those things during practice, it’s hard to be able to do them during a game.”
http://www.startribune.com/vikings-quart...446137553/

I thought Sam appeared to have a high level of consternation in the interviews I caught yesterday...I sure hope this is not chronic. Be just the Vikings luck to not have a Teddy or Sam available a year from now. 

Vikings QB Sam Bradford hopeful about returning Sunday from knee injury
Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford is hopeful his absence will be just one game.
“I would like to think that (the chances are) good, but I think a lot of it just depends on how my knee responds when we go out there and practice this week, and hopefully it will continue to get better,” Bradford said before the practice.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Bradford is “doing good,” but that it might come down to just before Sunday’s kickoff whether his starter will be Bradford or backup Case Keenum.
Zimmer said Monday that Bradford “twisted” the knee “or something” during Minnesota’s 29-19 win over New Orleans in the Sept. 11 opener. Bradford said it was a non-contact injury.“It was one of those things that it happened in the game, I felt it when it happened,” he said. “I honestly didn’t think it was that big of a deal and then the longer the game went on, it started to feel just a little bit worse and a little worse and then I woke up Tuesday and it just didn’t feel very good.”
Bradford was limited in practice last week and listed as questionable for the Steelers game. He said there has been “a lot of work over the past week just trying to make sure that the swelling is out.”
He said his knee is feeling “better” than it did when he tested it before last Sunday’s game.
“I was hoping it was going to feel better (for last week’s game) than it did having rested a day really on Saturday,” Bradford said. “Sunday, it just didn’t feel great.”
http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/20/vik...ee-injury/

Bradford said he has been told the diagnosis but wouldn’t reveal what it is. He declined to say whether he has received an injection.
Bradford suffered a torn left ACL in the seventh game in 2013 with the St. Louis Rams and missed the rest of the season. He tore the ACL in the same knee in the preseason in 2014 and missed the entire year.
“Obviously, I’ve dealt with a lot with this knee going through the two ACLs, and I think after the two ACLs there’s been some ups and some downs with it,” Bradford said. “With this particular issue we’re dealing with, I’m not sure I’ve ever dealt with it before.”

My thoughts are this. If Sams knee responses to treatment...great. If not then I look for him to get scoped and maybe a clean, cause I think he has more going on.. Which I would imagine would put him down for a minimum 1-6 weeks depending on what they do.
I do feel if the Vikings could do it, Teddy would be off of IR if he is progressing as they say.
I hope I'm wrong.

It's almost unfathomable the luck this team has sometimes.  Two very, very promising starting QBs go down on non-contact plays immediately after giving fans a glimpse of how good they could be.

Bradford's knee injury complicates the already complicated QB decision at the end of the year even further.  Do you pay a QB $20m+ per year when it looks like he might have a chronic knee condition that could pop up at any time?

damn.

Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
It's almost unfathomable the luck this team has sometimes.  Two very, very promising starting QBs go down on non-contact plays immediately after giving fans a glimpse of how good they could be.

Bradford's knee injury complicates the already complicated QB decision at the end of the year even further.  Do you pay a QB $20m+ per year when it looks like he might have a chronic knee condition that could pop up at any time?
not without some serious protections which he isnt likely to agree to.  if this were to be an issue that can resurface at any time ( I am not saying it is) you would have to have a pretty serious back up QB then as well knowing that Sam could be down for multiple games per year.  I just dont think any QB is going to sign a contract as a starter at a discount knowing that the saved money is going to a guy that wants his job.

if this is how this is playing out it sucks for the Vikings and us fans, but this really sucks for Sam who I think thought he had once again found a home.

i'm beating my own little dead horse here, but I think the team simply didn't know, and still may not fully realize, "what" is going on with his knee.

I think the team's belief and answer is... nothing (major). As other articles have pointed out:

a. He's been through a lot with it through his career. Flaring up isn't surprising.
b. The claim now is that he "twisted it" during the Saints game. This was stated along with another article that claimed it was "non contact."
c. On Thursday/Friday of last week, it was reported he had an MRI come back negative. Pain severe enough to limit his mobility. 
d. It was called a "bone bruise." The severity of a "bone bruise" started speculation indicating this was, as Zimmer said in "jest," an up in the air, long term potential issue.
e. Bradford goes out and resumes practice, talking about it being "chronic" and trying to get back out there to play.

I think, perhaps, Zimmer reacted to a negative MRI in a similar manner as the post game presser; there was no early week speculation because there was a lot of in house assumption he'd be able to play. II think Bradford had the final call on his availability Sunday morning, as video showed him working out, grimacing, and shaking his head. He doesn't play, and Zimmer is stewing after the loss. He says "in jest" it may be weeks before Bradford returns. Then on Monday, it leaks that Sam has a "bone bruise," and it oddly implies he's day-to-day and that he'll be back A.S.A.P. Then comes a few days of head scratching about how serious a bone bruise actually is. Then Bradford finally talks and says something about chronic pain, and that he think's he'll be able to go; he doesn't play into it being a big deal (other than it sucks to deal with) and implies it's more of a day-to-day thing...

I think the press just needs stuff to write about, lol... The injury was probably nothing major, but enough of an issue to give him a painful week and take away his mobility. I don't believe the team has, or cares, about an answer; I think the negative MRI report was accurate, and they are literally waiting for Sam to get better on his own. Sam has already hit the practice field; he's willing to play on it if he can. Now, the biggest questions will be about how it responds to the next couple days of practices heading into Sunday.

I think he'll play through pain, as long as it isn't as bad as it was last Sunday. ... i'd really think if there was something severe underlying, there's no way he'd even be practicing...

... I think the last thing any of us would want to hear is that spun into Bradford decided he couldn't play. I think the team probably prevented that narrative all week keeping the injury under wraps. When Zimmer went AWOL at the presser and basically said 'who knows,' i think the front office quickly leaked "bone bruise" to create some more confusion in the lead up to Bradford feeling good enough to play on it.

:tinfoilhatemojithatdoesn'texisthere:

only in MN can a guys knee just "FALL OFF" without contact. It must be the mosquitos. If they hit cartilage on a drop back, then WATCH OUT!!!