Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a explanation
how does hunter get called for hands to the face?when he is the one getting his helment ripped off

Refs were doing everything possible to keep the Saints in the game, including making stuff up that never happened

That's how ref ball works 

I would like to explore this topic a little more.  That was some of the most "look the other way for one team and try to get the game close" officiating I've seen in a while.  Not sure the Place TD was any possession before being out of bounds.  Hunter getting tackled on a rush up the middle but no call in the 4th quarter.  In fact Saints offensive linemen mugged the dline all game.

Adding to it all was that idiot Schlereth or whoever the color guy was either pumping up the Saints and dismissing their illegal play.  Blatant defensive holding?  That was just a little tug.  Unnecessary shove of Addison after a dropped pass?  Look at the defender finish the play!  Saints offensive linemen mugging the dline all game.  Nothing, but look at how Winston can stand in there toale a play!

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
how does hunter get called for hands to the face?when he is the one getting his helment ripped off
I wish we coukd challenge a flag. That was just ridiculous. Someone should tell the refs its Ok to say “we screwed up” and pick up the flag instead of disgracing themselves like this.
That blown call literally gave the Saints a TD 

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
Terrible call, but Hunter didn't complain. He just manned up and sacked the QB on the next play. A true professional.

I think they just got their wires crossed and screwed that
one up and called it on the wrong team.  While I’m a firm believer that
the refs like to keep the games close, I think there’s enough penalties
happening on any given play that they don’t need to make stuff up.

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:

He just manned up and sacked the QB on the next play.
Sacks after penalties are awesome! Here's my favorite:

Quote: @DeepFreeze05 said:
@jargomcfargo said:

He just manned up and sacked the QB on the next play.
Sacks after penalties are awesome! Here's my favorite:

Yeah, he could have given a bit of love to #97 Griffen right there, but love it.  Typical of the Frazier era, we went on to lose that game IIRC