Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobody is having more fun than Dalton Risner
This guy cracks me up. If you watch the highlight of Hock's TD catch, he comes into the frame to congratulate him doing this jump kick in the air, lol. 

from r/minnesotavikings

p.s. Here it is, lol. You can catch it quickly, there's another angle of it somewhere that shows it better:

https://www.vikings.com/video/cousins-ca...-hockenson

Lol, saw it!  Risner just seems like a humble, team guy.  He's also
improved the OL too; easy guy to root for.  Very good, somewhat under the
radar, signing for the Vikes.

He's on a 1 year deal correct?

He's got the leverage now with Ezra gone.

OTOH, they can more easily afford to pay him with Ezra gone too. 

Risner stepping in and the OL looking much better kind of blows holes in the "continuity" theory for OL development.  I still question Bradbury and likely will as long as we see free runners right up the gut, I know its not always on him,  but I wont ever believe that none of  those free rushers this year werent his to deal with,  or that he didnt blow the line calls.  Ingram... I guess there is still hope for him too.  I do like the energy that Risner seems to bring,  hopefully that is who he is and not just a for the camera thing.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
This guy cracks me up. If you watch the highlight of Hock's TD catch, he comes into the frame to congratulate him doing this jump kick in the air, lol. 

from r/minnesotavikings

p.s. Here it is, lol. You can catch it quickly, there's another angle of it somewhere that shows it better:

https://www.vikings.com/video/cousins-ca...-hockenson
Love Risner and wanted to bring him on board after first visit months ago.  Of course, I thought it would be to replace Ingram not Cleveland.  We are/were a pass first and second team and Risner is a big upgrade in that regard over both of those two.  

Definitely agree he is having fun!

[Image: vx9kdede7vrp.jpg]

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Definitely agree he is having fun!

[Image: vx9kdede7vrp.jpg]
That a boy, Dalton! 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Risner stepping in and the OL looking much better kind of blows holes in the "continuity" theory for OL development.  I still question Bradbury and likely will as long as we see free runners right up the gut, I know its not always on him,  but I wont ever believe that none of  those free rushers this year werent his to deal with,  or that he didnt blow the line calls.  Ingram... I guess there is still hope for him too.  I do like the energy that Risner seems to bring,  hopefully that is who he is and not just a for the camera thing.
My "Boone Radar" went off too...

But I think Risner is more authentic and certainly better on the field

Interesting that the media seems to go back to him repeatedly for interviews.  I listened to one "attempted" interview with Marcus Davenport during pre-season...he is an AWFUL interview.  They go back to the guys who are intelligent and can make for a good interview.  Risner appears to have good energy and is fairly glib with his comments.