Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And you say Kewsi was a moron
Quote: @CFIAvike said:
If he’s smart he should trade Hunter, Harry, and Osborne for whatever they can possibly get. Punt on the season and submit to a full rebuild. 

As a positive, Vikings tickets should be dirt cheap on the resale market if anyone wants to go see a game the rest of the season

Nobody is giving anything much for Osborne and Harry.  You'll only get a lower pick for Hunter if a new deal isn't part of it.  If its just a rental you might get a 3rd out of him.
At this point, I'd extend Hunter for 3-4 years. 

Quote: @CFIAvike said:
As a positive, Vikings tickets should be dirt cheap on the resale market if anyone wants to go see a game the rest of the season
Who wants to watch that shit? That's a positive?

If they start Jaren Hall, you'll have some interest. Especially if he has a game like Will Levis had when Jaren plays Atlanta. Big 'if' however.

Its much too early to evalute Kwesi. His moves are playing out. QB decision upcoming will be huge. My hunch is they make a big move or wait for Mullens in that order, unless Jaren balls out of course which is not likely but would make this old fan giddy. 

I like trading for Huntley and to a lesser extent the kid from AZ. with the latter you have a massive contract that will not likely work.  

When this happened to Spielman, he gave up a first for Bradford. I hope Kwesi doesn't do  the same.

Quote: @Bullazin said:
Its much too early to evalute Kwesi. His moves are playing out. QB decision upcoming will be huge. My hunch is they make a big move or wait for Mullens in that order, unless Jaren balls out of course which is not likely but would make this old fan giddy. 

I like trading for Huntley and to a lesser extent the kid from AZ. with the latter you have a massive contract that will not likely work.  
Trade deadline is tomorrow. You have to make that call before any live action for Hall. 

Schefter on at halftime reporting the Vikings like the guys they have on their own roster better than anybody available currently and doesn't expect to see a trade. Also does not expect Hunter to be moved tomorrow 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Schefter on at halftime reporting the Vikings like the guys they have on their own roster better than anybody available currently and doesn't expect to see a trade. Also does not expect Hunter to be moved tomorrow 
I don’t think this should shock anyone, other than the Hunter news. This is the perfect opportunity to throw Hall to the wolves and see if he can miraculously thrive. If by some freak accident, he turns out to be the guy….happy accident. 

If we all get the result we’re expecting, we lose the vast majority of our remaining games, the coaching staff gets a pass due to Kirk’s injury, and the front office seemingly gets their wish to move on from Kirk and draft a QB high in the draft. 

The only reason this season matters from here on out is if Hall exceedes expectations by light years

Handing the offense to Jaren is the best option in my opinion.
If he plays OK
  1. You draft the Qb of the future (maybe not ideal QB because if draft position or lack of trade capital)
  2. You let Kirk walk
  3. You free up money
  4. He starts while the new qb develops without pressure
If he stinks
  1. You know what you have in him
  2. you extend Kirk short term (2 years maybe) and still stay competitive 
  3. You end up with a good draft position (I know coaches dont think like this)
  4. You draft qb of the future who sits behind Kirk
I think the offense will ise Jaren’s ability to move and change the launch point often.

My priority is finding a way to keep B Flo. He may not have many options with his outstanding legal issue with the League. That gives us a window to buy low and maybe some sort of promotion (assuming all is well and he wants to stay)the defense is very young and turning the corner so we need to keep that going. we all know how many holes we had on the defense and we have somehow masked them pretty well so far. 
A good defense does wonders (Jets)
The offensive line also seems to be tirning the corner so we take anhard look at upgrading the rin game. i am jot sure if its a lack of quality RB or running schemes