Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 3 games
Looking back it reminded me of preseason games. Team looked out of sync. Turnovers, Penalties, Play Calling. Now over the past month they are doing better.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't disagree, but I would love to see them stack some wins together so I believe it more confidently. I just don't trust anything yet, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The cool part is they can get back in this, its in their own hands. Mediocre opponents upcoming + not playing one game yet against a NFCN team makes a turnaround possible. 

Totally agree.  The vaunted "BFlo Defense" did not show up, and it seemed as if their stats were no different than last year's bottom dwelling season-long defense.  However, the last few games, the defense has appeared to jell. Anyone disagree?

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
Totally agree.  The vaunted "BFlo Defense" did not show up, and it seemed as if their stats were no different than last year's bottom dwelling season-long defense.  However, the last few games, the defense has appeared to jell. Anyone disagree?
 I fully agree, and that makes sense.  Flores installed a scheme so unlike anything the Vikes have ever had here.  It's not only how to line up, but also a mind set change.  I fully expected the defense to start seeing noticeable improvements at least five games into the season, if there were going to be any improvements at all.  I now see them improve and play with more confidence.  I think the Packers, especially QB Love, will see it all day on Sunday - SKOL!

I would agree and on the offense, the turnovers, lack of ball security could also be attributed to not being tackled/not being in game shape.

The starters  all looked  like  they needed preseason reps.

The whole team looked out of sync, absolutely.

I remember telling myself and others that a new defense, with a new coordinator, and a ton of kids involved, was gonna take time and there would be some pain during the learning processes.  That said, I'm no more patient than anyone else and watching Herbert chew us up at 85% or Philly run through us for most of a half was brutal.

Then again...those losses:

The two most recent superbowl teams, another very recent superbowl champion (OK, minus Brady), and...well, a Chargers team that is more hyped than their record shows.

The Vikings team from last Monday would've beaten the Chargers, and probably the Bucs.