Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Swapping 2026 late round picks, yes 2026…!  B) 
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
Kwazy like a fox, trading the next GM’s picks, I like it…!  Wink B)  
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Akers has ability, actually a very good athlete. But not sure about his temperament or work ethic. As you mention, he's picked up for next to nothing. And he's only 24 years old. 
I didn't see any juice in him coming out of college and he doesn't look explosive after the Achilles.  I thought he was overrated coming into the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ends up being our lead back.
Oh, I don't think he's going to be the lead back. And the Rams gave up on him for some reason. I sincerely doubt he'll be a Viking next season.
Which leads to the logical question of just why? Kwesi is playing 1973 electronic football while telling people he's all about analytics. He looks like a genuine moron. 

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:
Somebody really needed to show a win here,  not a very big win mind you,  but a win nonetheless. 
3 drafts from now?  I'm not sure that I've heard of a trade 3 years out with next to no compensation.  I'd assume we're trading a 7th for a 6th or similar?
I think this tells you everything you need to know. Its nothing. It's less than nothing. It's a joke really. And I'm not even kidding about that. 

I think the Rams would've just released him. But they saw an opportunity to show a guy with an attitude problem and an inflated belief in his own value just what his true value was on the market. 

Akers has ability, actually a very good athlete. But not sure about his temperament or work ethic. As you mention, he's picked up for next to nothing. And he's only 24 years old. 
I didn't see any juice in him coming out of college and he doesn't look explosive after the Achilles.  I thought he was overrated coming into the NFL. I'd be surprised if he ends up being our lead back.
Oh, I don't think he's going to be the lead back. And the Rams gave up on him for some reason. I sincerely doubt he'll be a Viking next season.
Which leads to the logical question of just why? Kwesi is playing 1973 electronic football while telling people he's all about analytics. He looks like a genuine moron. 
I hear you. As I've mentioned many times recently, I'm giving KAM some more time before I bring the hammer down. Games to be played yet. But I might have to start looking for that hammer in the garage so I know where it is if I need it.

@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

I hear you. As I've mentioned many times recently, I'm giving KAM some more time before I bring the hammer down. Games to be played yet. But I might have to start looking for that hammer in the garage so I know where it is if I need it.

Get a tool belt,  alway have that hammer handy wherever you are.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

Get a tool belt,  alway have that hammer handy wherever you are.
lol, good advice.

@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

I've said it a million times, but just because you may be "intelligent" or booksmart, doesn't mean you know shit about football and his overall actual football experience was/is extremely limited. The Wilfs have been guilty of hiring the "media darling" before without looking at actual context. I also said he was going to be a disaster from the very outset. His name was Brad Childress. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@StickyBun said:
@mgobluevikes said:
@StickyBun said:
@Wetlander said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@AGRforever said:
@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Kentis said:

I've said it a million times, but just because you may be "intelligent" or booksmart, doesn't mean you know shit about football and his overall actual football experience was/is extremely limited. The Wilfs have been guilty of hiring the "media darling" before without looking at actual context. I also said he was going to be a disaster from the very outset. His name was Brad Childress. 
I remember that one, they said, "We couldn't let him escape to Green Bay", so they didn't bother with any more interviews.  I mean who would bother when you've got Andy Reid's sawed-off caddy in the room?  Green Bay had to settle for McCarthy.