Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings’ Ed Ingram Raises Eyebrows After Comment on Week 1 Performance
Vikings’ Ed Ingram Raises Eyebrows After Comment on Week 1 Performance (msn.com)

The Vikings offensive line allowed five quarterback hits and 12 pressures. Ingram, coming off a rookie year where he allowed the most pressures in the league, posted a 40.3 Pro Football Focus (PFF) pass-blocking grade that ranked 58th among guards who played in Week 1.
He allowed a sack, a quarterback hit and two hurries for a team-high four pressures total. He also played a hand  — quite literally – in one of the Vikings’ fumbles where he clubbed the ball out of Cousins’ hands during the snap.
Ingram admitted he was frustrated by the play he called a “freak accident.” Kevin O’Connell concurred with the second-year guard.

How can any coach put this guy on the field week in and week out? They need to play Risner whether he knows the playbook or not.
The Vikings are in the running for next year's first overall pick. Maybe they should just leave Ingram in there!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
How can any coach put this guy on the field week in and week out? They need to play Risner whether he knows the playbook or not.
The Vikings are in the running for next year's first overall pick. Maybe they should just leave Ingram in there!
I think I saw Risner out there for a series, maybe 2 yesterday. 

I think its more a matter of football shape than anything. Suspect he'll be starting vs Panthers. 

Weird game yesterday for Ed Ingram, in PFF's eyes.

He allowed six pressures and two sacks and committed a holding penalty, earning a poor 47.9 pass blocking grade. However, an elite 91.1 run blocking grade brought his overall mark up to 81.5.

Will we see Risner this weekend?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Weird game yesterday for Ed Ingram, in PFF's eyes.

He allowed six pressures and two sacks and committed a holding penalty, earning a poor 47.9 pass blocking grade. However, an elite 91.1 run blocking grade brought his overall mark up to 81.5.

Will we see Risner this weekend?
Well Kirk dropped back for 50 pass attempts and we had 23 rushing attempts and a Kirk scramble 2:1 ratio.  Yes, we SHOULD see Risner this weekend. 

He cant pass block, never will, replace him now.

I'll ask this every week. How the hell can the people in charge keep playing this turd? Inept player evaluation meets inept coaching, over and over and over!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
I'll ask this every week. How the hell can the people in charge keep playing this turd? Inept player evaluation meets inept coaching, over and over and over!
I have to ask how bad is Risner,   and that begs the question how bad is our talent evaluation?