Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story of the Game
A lot of questions about the Vikings this year with their new DC and as many as seven new starters on defense, depending on package. So the range of outcomes is all over the map. I've seen 6-win predictions and I've seen 13-win predictions. And you can pretty easily find a route to both.

To me it feels like an 11-win team if we stay relatively healthy. But who the hell knows? If we drop a few games early (that week 2-7 stretch is brutal), will Kwesi be tempted to trade a key piece or two for '24 draft capital? 

A lot of potential stories in today's game. What will be the headline tomorrow? Can the Vikings young corners hold up against Mike Evans and Chris Godwin? Will Jordan Addison contribute in his first game as a pro? Or will KJO keep doing KJO things? Can Mattison sufficiently replace Dalvin? How will our IOL hold up against Vita Vea? Will our hyper-aggression lead to safety valve leaks to Rachaad White? If we lose, I think White will be the reason why. He scares me. 

Everyone talks about our offensive line, but I think the story of the game will be their offensive line, especially if Mauch doesn't play. Danielle Hunter should have a very good day. Najee Thompson will be a crowd favorite. 

Agreed with all of the above.

BEAT THE BUCS!

I think a lot of the game will be dependent on Mayfield, hopefully we can just let him be Baker Mayfield and not turn him into Dan Marino like we have a habit of doing with backup QBs.  

On offense, I think we are going to get our points, lot of weapons with Addison and TJ teamed up with JJ and KJO.  
I am going to really miss not seeing #19 out there.  

I don't always agree with you, Maroon, but I think you are spot on with all of this.  The anticipation is killing me...

One game won't answer the question; but was last year a fluke or start of something fun?

The youth and (my perceived) lack of talent on D scares me...

Story of this game is 2 fumbles and an interception from Kirk won’t win many games—no matter how horsesh*t the offense line plays. 

What a weak effort. And this D won't stop anything....again.

We have no running game, defense performed same as last year, guards performed same as last year and same old Kirk. Next year will be a rebuild.  Need to get Dalton on the phone to help save the season and Kirks life.