Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOC: We're in a pretty, pretty, pretty good spot right now
I think the scheme change alone and Flores as coach will make the defense better.  Most of what I've been hearing/reading is our defense has been less predictable and more innovative much like Zimmer's defense where in the previous regime.

Now we just need to see if we have the talent to execute it fully.  If the defense ends up being average across the board, I think that'll be enough of a boost to repeat as a playoff team again. Those close games from last season will hopefully be less than last year and we won't need a comeback or game winning drive to close it out.

Excited to see the team this year.  I'm a big fan of Kevin O'Connell.  I think we really nailed our HC pick last off-season.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
We all know the proof is in the pudding.....but what else is there to talk about right now? Does every story from camp need a disclaimer? We know its fluff season in the NFL. I like the stories regardless of how we need to take them with a grain. 
After decades of reading training camp reports, you get to be pretty good at deciphering coach speak. Coaches will always say something positive, but it's not hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

Remember the comments about Treadwell's training camp? There were no comments about how amazing or impressive he was. It was all about how hard he was working, which is pert'near a death knell.