Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are they concerned about the RB room

Looks more like tire kicking to me. 

I read something about a Mattison injury on Tuesday, so it may be in response to that, it didn't turn out to be a serious injury, but they may have felt like they wanted to bring in other RBs to take some of the hits away from our main set of RBs.  

We should always be seeing these kinds of snippets with our team...They better be looking under all the rocks, lord knows they have the staffs to do it. 

Vikings running back Alexander Mattison appeared to tweak something near the end of practice on Tuesday.
Let’s call it a lower-body injury.
Though he was visibly limping as he walked gingerly toward the Vikings locker room, Mattison assured a couple of his teammates that he was going to be OK.
It doesn’t seem to be too serious considering Mattison was present for Wednesday’s walkthrough. The structure of the day made it pretty easy for Mattison to go through the motions. The players did not wear helmets, nor did they go full speed at any point.
It’s unclear if he would have been able to participate in an actual practice, But the fact Mattison is already back on the field would suggest he’s dong fine.
That’s good news for the Vikings considering fellow running backs Kene Nwangwu and Ty Chandler don’t have much NFL experience. Both have been competing throughout training camp for the right to be Mattison’s backup this season.
Now the real test for Mattison will come on Thursday with the Vikings set to host a night practice in front of fans. If he’s available for that, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about moving forward.
https://www.twincities.com/2023/08/02/vikings-rb-alexander-mattison-participates-in-walkthrough-after-minor-injury/

There are a dozen pretty decent backs still available, including Dalvin. I think if they were concerned about our top 4 we'd see movement on one of them. I'd say this is more likely adding camp legs. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
There are a dozen pretty decent backs still available, including Dalvin. I think if they were concerned about our top 4 we'd see movement on one of them. I'd say this is more likely adding camp legs. 
Its just this exactly. Mattison will recover, but they need RBs in practice so hence the signing. Zero doubt Mattison will be the guy starting in week 1. Overly cautious is what you have to be here.