Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receipts
Quote: @Purplemachine said:
@purplefaithful said:
@Purplemachine said:
Ok. I don't want this to go into the other section. But how can you folks talk football when the country is going to hell? I'm astonished. Where is your sense of being America the place you live being first. Or you have no feelings at all? I'm just beyond shocked at you folks.
Purp...

This is where we can maybe (just maybe) escape some of what difficulties life throws our way and enjoy a sports passion. 

Please respect that. 
Ok. I can understand we all need our escapes. To each his own I guess. For me I've lost pretty much all passion for this team and sports in general since the days we met in training camp. 50+ years of wishing and hoping for a Championship for what?  There's always next year...sorry but for me I'm done. 

Being retired and watching my girls grow up in what was once a great country just gets under my skin. To many just don't give shit anymore. I still do and it's frustrating as hell. 

Rant over. Carry on folks.
I have many similar feelings regarding the country, the world and what not.  

But part of the issue is politics dominating every waking moment.  I had to step back and stop consuming so much information on this because it isn't healthy to be consumed by it.  Having a common interest with people of other backgrounds, opinions and politics is actually more of what is needed in this country.

To put it simply, there is enough division and it can be found anywhere.  Not saying we just need to sing kumbaya, but having a space to talk football with fellow Viking fans is part of having a healthy outlook on life.