Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the 23rd pick
Popular pick for the Vikings.. Couple winners .. lots of losers. 

Code:
[url=https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/23-nfl-overall-draft-picks]https//www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/23-nfl-overall-draft-picks[/url]

Who remembers Danny Watkins? Big, long-armed, blue-collar guard prospect, 40 on his wonderlic, considered one of the "safest" picks in the draft.

But he wasn't "football smart." Needed his OL coach to explain blocking angles over a dozen times before it stuck. Was released just two years later. Said his heart just wasn't in football. All he ever wanted to do was be a firefighter and so that's what he went off to do....and still does. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Who remembers Danny Watkins? Big, long-armed, blue-collar guard prospect, 40 on his wonderlic, considered one of the "safest" picks in the draft.

But he wasn't "football smart." Needed his OL coach to explain blocking angles over a dozen times before it stuck. Was released just two years later. Said his heart just wasn't in football. All he ever wanted to do was be a firefighter and so that's what he went off to do....and still does. 
I remember that. One of the great first round reaches of all time. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Hold my beer....

[Image: 4365-962394Fr.jpg]

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

Hold my beer....

[Image: 4365-962394Fr.jpg]
Lol I thought about Dimitrius, but at least with him he looked the part of a first round pick. I remember really wanting Patrick Kerney that year, who went one pick after Underwood to Atlanta