Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings signing Byron Murphy
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
warming to the ideal of hooker
Love me some Hookers, errr Hooker...but I probably wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. A trade back into the second round would make sense if we went that route
Ideally. But the Hooker buzz is starting to pick up steam. He probably should go in the 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went in the 1st. That 5th year option is big for QBs. If Hooker's their target, they have to be real careful about not trading down too far. 
Agree totally. If this guy is Minnesota's target....IF....don't get too cute about it and fuck it up. 
this right here is my biggest concern for KAM,   he seems like a real smart guy,  sometimes those people end up outsmarting themselves.  hopefully there is somebody in the room that reminds him that sometimes the shot doesnt get any better and you just need to pull that trigger now.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
warming to the ideal of hooker
Love me some Hookers, errr Hooker...but I probably wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. A trade back into the second round would make sense if we went that route
Ideally. But the Hooker buzz is starting to pick up steam. He probably should go in the 2nd, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went in the 1st. That 5th year option is big for QBs. If Hooker's their target, they have to be real careful about not trading down too far. 
Agree totally. If this guy is Minnesota's target....IF....don't get too cute about it and fuck it up. 
Right? I'm not sure Kwesi's intel is as good as Rick's was. But here's the bigger problem. Vikings don't have the ammo to move up for one of the top four, all of whom will likely go in the top 10. So there's really just one QB left: Hooker. And everybody knows it. And also knows that Cousins' contract is written to favor drafting a QB in this draft. It's not an absolute must--they could extend Cousins at any time and draft a QB in '24. Still, we seem to sorta have our dick hanging out on this one. 

KAM needs to start working the shit out  of the phones to arrange trade downs from that spot,  dont make any deals just yet,  but make damn sure that everybody knows that he wants to trade down,  keep working the phones right up to the point that we are on the clock... and then if it works,  and nobody jumps ahead of us,  grab that QB,  if it doesnt work,  then at least you have a lot of offers to move down and go after defense.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
KAM needs to start working the shit out  of the phones to arrange trade downs from that spot,  dont make any deals just yet,  but make damn sure that everybody knows that he wants to trade down,  keep working the phones right up to the point that we are on the clock... and then if it works,  and nobody jumps ahead of us,  grab that QB,  if it doesnt work,  then at least you have a lot of offers to move down and go after defense.
I think this is pretty standard operating procedure. From what I understand, GMs negotiate and all but confirm trade terms with several teams surrounding their pick, so if they want to move up or down, they don't have to spend time negotiating on the clock.