Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bieniemy moving to Washington

Is this a promotion?
Chance to get out of the shadow of Reid?
Chance to call his own plays for real?
Going from a Platinum Org like the Chiefs to the Commodes defies logic

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Is this a promotion?
He was going no where in KC,  he's been overlooked for HC gigs partly  because of his checkered past and rumored demeanor ( zimmer?)  but I think the biggest thing is he hasn't really ever done what an OC is supposed to do and thats create a scheme and call the plays.  This is his chance to check that box.  I honestly have to question his worthiness of a HC gig because of everything above,  I think his title as OC was largely honorary and he was likely more of an offensive assistant as AR was most likely the brains behind that offense,  otherwise I dont think the Hunts would be letting him walk as Reid cant have that many years left.

Going to one of the league's worst franchises to boost his career?  :o

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Is this a promotion?
This. And Mahomes.

For years the narrative has been that this was Reid's offense run by the best QB in the NFL. The OC has very little to do with it. While that's true, it hasn't stopped other teams from hiring coaches in similar situations--teams who just want a piece of a successful scheme. But that hasn't been the case with Bieniemy. 

Washington may not be the best org in the NFL, but if he does well there, he can write his own ticket. Good move for him IMO. 

He is shooting his shot. Good or bad, he is taking this gamble and good luck to him. At some point, you can't remain stuck unless you want to move forward.