Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Packers are “disgusted with” Aaron Rodgers, they’re “done with him”
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
He went from MVP to NVG. Not very good. He has benefitted from playing in a weak division then shats the bed in the playoffs. I hope nobody wants to pay his overinflated salary and he returns to GB. The Packers are dysfunctional with a QB that doesn't want to put in the work anymore by showing up for training camp and thinks he knows more than the GM and coaching staff. 
Green Bay is going nowhere with Rodgers, and I think they know that.
I'm not sure GB fans know that, least the ones I talk football with. The fact this has gone no where yet emboldens me to say McGinn may not be right this time. 
Not sure what you mean by "gone no where yet." Nothing can happen until the start of the league year.

Either way, your friends better start getting used to the idea of Green Bay without Rodgers. Sure, fences can be mended, but I'd be pretty surprised if he's back in Green Bay. I just don't think anyone there wants him back. Ownership, management, coaching staff. Sounds like they're ready to move on. 
Now, now - there is a big difference between friends and acquaintances...

What I mean is there are no whispers, no Adams and other Raiders taking to twitter with cryptic emjois and messages..

I think Rodgers has been done with the Packers for several
years, but they keep just giving him more money to stay.  That said I think this is just a negotiation
tactic by the team, but I think really they need to show commitment by giving
him an adequate WR group.  Last year was
pretty obvious they weren’t equipped to go anywhere, so I can see why his
motivation might have dwindled.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@jargomcfargo said:
He went from MVP to NVG. Not very good. He has benefitted from playing in a weak division then shats the bed in the playoffs. I hope nobody wants to pay his overinflated salary and he returns to GB. The Packers are dysfunctional with a QB that doesn't want to put in the work anymore by showing up for training camp and thinks he knows more than the GM and coaching staff. 
I'm not sure GB fans know that, least the ones I talk football with. The fact this has gone no where yet emboldens me to say McGinn may not be right this time. 
Not sure what you mean by "gone no where yet." Nothing can happen until the start of the league year.

Either way, your friends better start getting used to the idea of Green Bay without Rodgers. Sure, fences can be mended, but I'd be pretty surprised if he's back in Green Bay. I just don't think anyone there wants him back. Ownership, management, coaching staff. Sounds like they're ready to move on. 
Now, now - there is a big difference between friends and acquaintances...

What I mean is there are no whispers, no Adams and other Raiders taking to twitter with cryptic emjois and messages..
Has nothing to do with fans and everything to do with management and coaching staff. Although the Packers fans I know are tired of his BS and would Love to move on!

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
Funny how they always end up here.

Only two good solutions from a Viking perspective:

1) Disgruntled, petulant AR shows up after camp and pouts his way through the 2023 season earning $55 million in the process and preventing GB from retaining or attracting FA talent.
2) Rodgers hangs it up and rides off into the sunset and Love sucks out loud for a long time to come...I mean Lynn Dickey/ Don Majkowski suck out loud.  A lot of Packers fans have never known or conveniently forgot how bad that team was back in that era.

The Packers getting potential valuable draft picks for Rodgers is worst case.

I'm hoping for the first solution frankly.  It's absolutely glorious to watch the growing discord in these parts

Don't really care how much of a stink Rodgers makes.  Much more concerned that they don't get a 3rd franchise QB in a row.

If Rodgers is gone before the season, the Packers can find out what they have in Jordan Love on Year 4 of his rookie contract ($2.2M).  The team option to pick up his 5th year in 2024 would be more in the neighborhood of $20.5M.  That's a lot of bank to put down on a QB that has played very little against first team defenses.  I'm hoping AR's temper tantrum which kicks all this down the road puts the Packers in a death spiral of irrelevance for 5+ years.  How fun would that be?