Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF top 50 FA’s

While I think our biggest need on defense is DT and secondary, my primary target on that list would be Tremaine Edwards, who I think is the best defensive player on the list.  

I think after we trim the fat, the Vikings should have enough money for one 1st tier free agent, and I think it should be a corner. 

I think the safeties are set with Smith, Cine, Bynum and Metellus.
At corner you'd have FA1, Booth, Evans, Shelley, Dantzler. It's young, but if Booth is healthy, this isn't a terrible group. 

Fnd a way to restructure Kendricks, sign Tomlinson, trade down for a couple of day-two picks, draft the fatty from Baylor, then a WR, and a LB to replace Kendricks in '24. 

Boom.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
I think after we trim the fat, the Vikings should have enough money for one 1st tier free agent, and I think it should be a corner. 

At corner you'd have FA1, Booth, Evans, Shelley, Dantzler. It's young, but if Booth is healthy, this isn't a terrible group. 

Fnd a way to restructure Kendricks, sign Tomlinson, trade down for a couple of day-two picks, draft the fatty from Baylor, then a WR, and a LB to replace Kendricks in '24. 

Boom.
ive heard some chatter about shaq griffin and one of the miami CB’s. That corner group above looks damn thin.  

wish we could focus on front 7 for once. we have alot of capital in the secondary. If you could say rn that Cine and Booth become who they should, probs you could roll the dice. 

im thinking we will have to free up some money by cutting or letting go some good players such as zadarius and tomlinson, Cook, Theilen, Ham so we can focus on our holes on D. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Boom.
ive heard some chatter about shaq griffin and one of the miami CB’s. That corner group above looks damn thin.  

wish we could focus on front 7 for once. we have alot of capital in the secondary. If you could say rn that Cine and Booth become who they should, probs you could roll the dice. 

im thinking we will have to free up some money by cutting or letting go some good players such as zadarius and tomlinson, Cook, Theilen, Ham so we can focus on our holes on D. 
Not sure you improve the D much by getting rid of Z or Tomlinson. One thing that hasn't been talked about much is the QB. If you extend Cousins long-term, you could pull a huge amount of money out of that. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Bullazin said:
@MaroonBells said:

Boom.

Not sure you improve the D much by getting rid of Z or Tomlinson. One thing that hasn't been talked about much is the QB. If you extend Cousins long-term, you could pull a huge amount of money out of that. 
Totally get that.  Those 2 are really good players. Tomlinson would hurt the worst.   My guess is that we need to roll with Harrison Phillips at 0 tech and get Patrick Jones starter reps if we are going to get a lockdown corner.

in this scenario we then would be shy on 5i techs, with Lynch getting 0 tech reps and Phillips sliding out to 5i. 

i like your idea of extending Cousins. He  can still play at a high level beyond this coming year. 

dream scenario for me would be to resign Tomlinson to play 0 and add a shutdown corner.  We still would need another starter quality 5i beyond Phillips those 3 moves would thread the needle but not sure we can get there $ wise