Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip drop tackles
This is really pretty simple,  if you are a ball carrier and dont want to get tackled from behind,  then dont get caught from behind,  quit fighting for every single yard and protect yourself when they catch you,  if you dont want your receivers getting blasted,  then quit throwing to them over the middle or especially, quit throwing the ball high into coverage and expecting them to bail you out.  I fail to understand how its now the defenses job to make sure the offensive players are able to play the whole game.

If they want to reduce major injuries, I think what they should focus on is eliminating "launching" at a player and just throwing your body into them instead of wrapping someone up like they use to do.  With the size and strength of the players, it seems like the most serious injuries occur from a player carelessly launching their body into another as if it were some kind of missile. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
If they want to reduce major injuries, I think what they should focus on is eliminating "launching" at a player and just throwing your body into them instead of wrapping someone up like they use to do.  With the size and strength of the players, it seems like the most serious injuries occur from a player carelessly launching their body into another as if it were some kind of missile. 
while I agree,  in this instance they are somewhat wrapping up,  just that they are using their body weight to eliminate forward momentum and bring the ball carrier down more quickly to minimize forward progress.

[Image: sarcastaball_04.jpg]

[Image: zxwrxx6kmlwn.jpeg]
Here’s who I’d like to hip drop…!  Wink :p  

Quote: @Kentis said:
[Image: zxwrxx6kmlwn.jpeg]
Here’s who I’d like to hip drop…!  Wink :p  
Are you confusing "hip drop" with "flying drop kick in the face with metal cleats on" ?