Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like the kid, I really do....
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
....but I also don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-b...ayoff-win/
Is that really on Allen?  This is innovative play design by the DC.  It would be up to the OC to have some answers.  

But regardless, it certainly makes me yearn for something better from our D.
Every team in the NFL, but one, bitches about their final performance. It's funny how one game (sometimes one play!), following a solid season, players like Cousins, Allen, Dak, etc., suddenly all need to be replaced by the next 7th round phenom. 
They're built up to be torn down. Its been happening forever. But lets not pretend the criticism of the players you mention comes off one play, lol. 
Clearly you haven't read Twitter about Cousins final play against the Giants. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

Is that really on Allen?  This is innovative play design by the DC.  It would be up to the OC to have some answers.  

Every team in the NFL, but one, bitches about their final performance. It's funny how one game (sometimes one play!), following a solid season, players like Cousins, Allen, Dak, etc., suddenly all need to be replaced by the next 7th round phenom. 
I think the Seahawks in the SB vs NE (I think thats who it was) might be the poster child for "last play" bitching. In that case they be right lol! 

Not sure why we're dogging on Allen?  He's the entire Bills offense...  the only real knock on him is he can be a little careless with the football at times, but you can live with that because he's a big play waiting to happen.

You have to credit the Bengals for coming up with a good defensive game plan to slow him down.  Throw in the snow causing some adverse playing conditions and the Bengals were able to pull off the "upset".

One thing the Bills could do a better job of is establishing a run game to compliment him more. I didn't see the entire game, but what I did...  Mixon was churning out yards and first downs and a balanced Bengals offense was controlling the clock and getting points on most drives.  Bengals had way more rushing yards and attempts...  Josh Allen was the Bills leading rusher with 26 yards...  Lol

Josh = Brett

Quote: @StickyBun said:

But every time the Bills started to show signs of life offensively, Anarumo went into his bag of tricks to perplex one of the most talented quarterbacks on the planet and his first-year offensive coordinator. 

I felt this happened quite a bit with the Vikings offense and KOC being a first year Play Caller where we were totally shut down for long stretches of games.  

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
Josh = Brett
Was going to say the same thing.

Josh has better legs!

Running at least, I’ve never compared the look of them. Lol

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:

They're built up to be torn down. Its been happening forever. But lets not pretend the criticism of the players you mention comes off one play, lol. 
Clearly you haven't read Twitter about Cousins final play against the Giants. 
You mean the play he addressed immediately after the game, saying he was getting pressure and couldn't take a sack on 4th down so he put the ball in play?

Or the play he admitted fault on, the 3rd down just prior where he said he wanted that throw back because he didn't lead KJ enough and allowed the db to make a play on it.  Not that the throw wasn't accurate, the read wasn't good, just that his placement wasn't good enough and that gave the defender a chance.

Seeing someone see things in retrospective that clearly, so quickly, tells me he is good enough to win with.  The coaching has helped him take a huge step this year, and seeing his faults clearly enough to adjust in real time during the game.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
Not sure why we're dogging on Allen?  He's the entire Bills offense...  the only real knock on him is he can be a little careless with the football at times, but you can live with that because he's a big play waiting to happen.

You have to credit the Bengals for coming up with a good defensive game plan to slow him down.  Throw in the snow causing some adverse playing conditions and the Bengals were able to pull off the "upset".

One thing the Bills could do a better job of is establishing a run game to compliment him more. I didn't see the entire game, but what I did...  Mixon was churning out yards and first downs and a balanced Bengals offense was controlling the clock and getting points on most drives.  Bengals had way more rushing yards and attempts...  Josh Allen was the Bills leading rusher with 26 yards...  Lol
This is what most every twitter critic/rabid fan/talk show host fails to account for.  The guys on the other side are getting paid as well.  The Bengals DC did a great job of taking away the Bill's offense, unleashing some new looks and confusing Allen and the Bill's OC.  

Zimmer was good at that when he had the players.  _onatell, not so much.  

Quote: @greediron said:
@Wetlander said:

This is what most every twitter critic/rabid fan/talk show host fails to account for.  The guys on the other side are getting paid as well.  The Bengals DC did a great job of taking away the Bill's offense, unleashing some new looks and confusing Allen and the Bill's OC.  

That same Bengals D has played very well against Mahomes too.  Probably will "surprise" this weekend and win again, 4th in a row vs the Chiefs en route to their 2nd super bowl in a row

Quote: @Skodin said:
@greediron said:
@Wetlander said:

That same Bengals D has played very well against Mahomes too.  Probably will "surprise" this weekend and win again, 4th in a row vs the Chiefs en route to their 2nd super bowl in a row
They have been very good in big games.  I am pulling for them to be the SB champs.  Can't stand philly or SF but would rather have SF represent and lose to Cinci