Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Vikings bar finder: Where to watch games across the U.S.
Welcome to Vikings Nation. As the Minnesota Vikings head into the playoffs, we've compiled a handy list of bars and restaurants across the United States where Vikings fans regularly gather to cheer on their team. If you find yourself in a major metropolitan area outside Minnesota on game day, there's a good chance you're not too far from one of these establishments. Not surprisingly, many of them are located in snowbird states — such as California, Arizona, Texas and Florida — where some Minnesotans spend their winters. There are even a handful in neighboring Wisconsin and one in Alaska. Many are owned by Minnesota expats.
Regular readers may recall that we published a similar guide several years ago. Sadly, many of the places on that list have since closed. Meanwhile, updates to our website left that earlier article lost to the ages. So we started making phone calls and scouring the internet to find out where Vikings fans are getting together in cities from coast to coast.
Some of these bars openly advertise their Vikings affiliations on websites and social media pages. Others required deeper investigation to confirm that they are genuine Vikings bars. If an employee told us their location regularly hosts football fans of all stripes, rather than Vikings fans specifically, we cut them from our list faster than Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman dumped kicker Daniel Carlson. To keep the list manageable, we only included establishments beyond Minnesota's borders. Team-approved game day watch locations in Minnesota can be found here.
Use the map below to explore America's Vikings bars. The search field will allow you to filter the results by state or city.
Map & List at the link:B)

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-bars-football-game-playoffs-us-california-florida-arizona-colorado-texas-nyc/600241088/

The Brewfish Bar and Grill in Pompano Beach is about 13 miles from my house, a great group of Vikings fans. It used to be at a few different locations before they settled into this one before the start of last year. Gets as many as 45 Vikings fans at the most and generally between 20-30 most Sundays. I've gone 3 times over the years to watch with this group: 0-3 in games I've attended, lol. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
The Brewfish Bar and Grill in Pompano Beach is about 13 miles from my house, a great group of Vikings fans. It used to be at a few different locations before they settled into this one before the start of last year. Gets as many as 45 Vikings fans at the most and generally between 20-30 most Sundays. I've gone 3 times over the years to watch with this group: 0-3 in games I've attended, lol. 
Don’t go tomorrow 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
@StickyBun said:
Don’t go tomorrow 
I'm not!! lol

Its funny that Minnesota, eastern SD and ND aren't just shadowed purple,   pretty much any bar in this area is going to have the Vikings game on and at least a few Skoldiers in attendance. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Its funny that Minnesota, eastern SD and ND aren't just shadowed purple,   pretty much any bar in this area is going to have the Vikings game on and at least a few Skoldiers in attendance. 
There's a big difference between a local bar showing the local team and an out of state "Viking bar." 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
There's a big difference between a local bar showing the local team and an out of state "Viking bar." 
And yet they list Minnesota bars in the metro area.  And even though ND,SD, and Iowa are all Minnesota market,  they show bars here as well.  Point was its silly to list a couple bars in those 4 states as Viking bars when pretty much any bar in these areas will have the game on and fellow fans of the longship to cheer with,  or at least commiserate with. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Riphawkins said:
@StickyBun said:
Don’t go tomorrow 
I'm not!! lol
The whole Vikings organization and fan base thanks you in advance!

I discovered the Vikings bar in the LA area is about a half a mile from my house. The pineapple saloon and Grill. Thanks for posting that. I went to watch the game from there and oh my God it was a hoot. Hard to find Vikings fans out here but in that bar it was wall-to-wall Vikings jerseys Boisterous and fun. I think maybe my favorite moment was before the game when they were showing the stupid gang of four on Fox making their predictions. When the camera got to Sean Payton the entire bar started to boo. And someone on the microphone shouted fuck that prick! That really warmed my heart.