Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lights must be on
Quote: @"TBro" said:
@"TBro" said:
Let's hope the Raiders do us a favor and pull out a win in Overtime. 
Uh Nope. We are now the #3 seed. 
As should be. It's the second to the last game of the regular season and our defense has 10 men on the field with the players trying to tell the coaches and then 12+ men on the field later, all in the same series. That's obviously not why we lost or is it? It's a symptom of something (DC not paying attention to details?). 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I just don't get this habit of playing like dog shit in the first half of games, only to have to crawl and scratch our way back in the second half (sometimes). We get our asses kicked for looong stretches of games and look terrible. It's why everybody knows we aren't a real threat in the conference because you CAN NOT routinely play that kind of football in the playoffs and expect to win. Unfortunately, we've proven that's who we are. 
I'm just going to try and enjoy the season for what it is. Great first year under KOC, but this roster and coaching staff needs tweaking this offseason. 
In fairness this is KOC’s first year and nobody in their right mind could’ve expected them to do as good as they have
this is why you have debates over reloading vs rebuilding.  you know there will be steep learning curves with new regimes and that is the time shed veterans and their big money deals and replace them with either draft picks or younger talent on cheaper rookie contracts... but that is only one way to handle a coaching change.  yes we are 12-4,  but we are facing a tough offseason with limited draft picks, probably would have been easier to have started to move some obsolete players last year before they were a year older and into the harsher cap years of their contracts.

yes some will still blame the D for this ass thumping, but remember our O didnt do shit until our star QB and his weapons were replaced.  dammit,  this is one week a year we cant lay an egg and sure as shit we trot out a truck load of hens.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
I just don't get this habit of playing like dog shit in the first half of games, only to have to crawl and scratch our way back in the second half (sometimes). We get our asses kicked for looong stretches of games and look terrible. It's why everybody knows we aren't a real threat in the conference because you CAN NOT routinely play that kind of football in the playoffs and expect to win. Unfortunately, we've proven that's who we are. 
I'm just going to try and enjoy the season for what it is. Great first year under KOC, but this roster and coaching staff needs tweaking this offseason. 
In fairness this is KOC’s first year and nobody in their right mind could’ve expected them to do as good as they have
this is why you have debates over reloading vs rebuilding.  you know there will be steep learning curves with new regimes and that is the time shed veterans and their big money deals and replace them with either draft picks or younger talent on cheaper rookie contracts... but that is only one way to handle a coaching change.  yes we are 12-4,  but we are facing a tough offseason with limited draft picks, probably would have been easier to have started to move some obsolete players last year before they were a year older and into the harsher cap years of their contracts.

yes some will still blame the D for this ass thumping, but remember our O didnt do shit until our star QB and his weapons were replaced.  dammit,  this is one week a year we cant lay an egg and sure as shit we trot out a truck load of hens.
Yes. It's been an exciting year and shows some hope for the future. They have exceeded my expectations.
Never the less, new regime and all, and despite all the people here who say they have all this talent, they really don't. They have some great talent, but not enough.
Wilf's wanted to try it without a rebuild, but it seems a rebuild is inevitable or this team will be stuck in this good but not good enough mode eternally.
I'm very happy with this season and the new GM and head coach. 
But despite the new regime, Vikings fans always seem to suffer this eternal, piss down the leg embarrassment.
I have hope for the future, but I am sick of this shit!

WWE, packers = rating. The nfl needs K’aaron in the playoffs. 
kinda my thoughts as well.  Picked a poor day to watch my first half game this year.

@"supafreak84" said:
Well not really, as the Wilfs keep running it back with the same old players they obviously felt they can compete for a championship. Otherwise they just want to sell tickets.