Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas eve game?
anyone going?

we are making the trip up from WV for the weekend and will attend the game. 

any advice on braving the minnesota cold? or any suggestions for something to do the night before or or after the game? we are staying close to the stadium. 

there is a bar.... IIRC it was a beach themed thing,  maybe on one of the lakes,  but I heard one time about a big Vikings gathering there the night before home games,  I think it had something to do with the VWO,  I know Bob went to it and had a blast some years back but I dont remember where,  and dont know if its even still a thing.

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:
anyone going?

we are making the trip up from WV for the weekend and will attend the game. 

any advice on braving the minnesota cold? or any suggestions for something to do the night before or or after the game? we are staying close to the stadium. 
Since most people will be off on Christmas Eve, Friday night will be jumpin' downtown around Hennepin. That's where I would go. Same after.

Be sure to walk through the tailgate lot before the game. You may not know anyone, but if you tell them you came all the way from WV, someone might hand you a whiskey. 

Depends on what it is that you like doing. When we come up we usually hit a few eateries and then stay for drinks. Being that it's Xmas Eve there may be some cool things that pop up, but you'd have to look into that and find out for yourself.

As far as the cold, you should be ok, especially since you're staying not far from the stadium. You don't want to be too layered and then stuck with all that clothing inside the stadium.

looked in to some ice castle thing but that seems to start in january. 

a decent meal and drinks then live music seem to be the wifes goal for friday. 

we will walk the lot a little for sure to have the whole vibe. did that during the opener and seems right to properly bookend this season. who knows maybe being at home opener and the home finale is the good karma we need!

PC, I will show my wife the advice about not over bundling and bringing all that clothing in. she is currently trying to immitate the mom from Christmas story and wrapping us up like the little brother. 

Quote: @"Vikeking2" said:

PC, I will show my wife the advice about not over bundling and bringing all that clothing in. she is currently trying to immitate the mom from Christmas story and wrapping us up like the little brother. 
You definitely don't want to get dressed like that! You may never make it to your seat without knocking over a few people first lol.