Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets bench QB Zach Wilson
This kid is done. The risk of drafting a QB high is so real. 

I think he needed to sit for a year or so. He has a ton of ability so I would pick him up on the cheap. Why does a team that wants to run a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense draft a gunslinger? I laugh at teams that give up on a high drafted QB so fast due to lack of quality coaching.

I dont know if he's done so much as he's just running into a tough patch....

Upside on wilson imho is still pretty damn high

Quote: @"kmillard" said:
I think he needed to sit for a year or so. He has a ton of ability so I would pick him up on the cheap. Why does a team that wants to run a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense draft a gunslinger? I laugh at teams that give up on a high drafted QB so fast due to lack of quality coaching.
I agree,  and this is why I speculated in the other thread his benching may be punitive and not necessarily because he hasn't been playing that spectacular.   However when I saw they were only 1 game out of a wildcard spot,  and it is NY,  I can see why a young coach may get a bit nervous and make the move.

I would love to see them pull the plug on the kid and we could grab him on the cheap to sit behind KC for a year.,  although I wonder if the kid has the maturity to handle an apprentice role?  Also would he be trying to score with the coaches wife?

You guys are dreaming if you think we could get Wilson for a bargain...I think it would be closer to a kings ransom still. 

And yes, he would be hitting on KOC's wife and maybe KOC and KAM too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
You guys are dreaming if you think we could get Wilson for a bargain...I think it would be closer to a kings ransom still. 

At this point his price would still be very high, but it's not going to take long for it to tank.

At any rate, I don't think this is a guy we'd want. He could turn things around but he's been horrible, and rumored to lack the kind of character and leadership teams need at the position. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:

if they toss him aside I dont think the ask would be to damn high,  Darnold was traded for a 6th in year, and a following year 2nd and 4th.  I dont think that is to much to throw at a potential future QB,  the problem is though, the questions on his maturity.  It will be interesting to see how he handles this demotion.