Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lolz!!
All Im saying is - this is the type of thing that “usually” leads to consequences / repercussions that ultimately hinder the “good” people / or a good program....Like in my example above with my daughters friend. The school ended a policy that was benefitting other students. You have to cater to the “lowest common denominator” in society

Yes, Its clever, its humorous on the surface.  But when the practice of putting up pictures is cancelled, the clown responsible has won.   Like I said, I hope they continue to show veterans and honor them, even if something like this happens again.....BUT, NOW youre gonna get “copy cats” trying to do the same thing, so they can be “clever” too, and ultimately (once again) something good is lost due to some sophomore that doesnt understand how their actions can effect others.

MOST ADULTS would say “Wouldnt it be funny if...”. have a laugh and leave it at that.
Speaking for myself ONLY, if / when the practice / policy comes to an end, it will be a sad day.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
All Im saying is - this is the type of thing that “usually” leads to consequences / repercussions that ultimately hinder the “good” people / or a good program....Like in my example above with my daughters friend. The school ended a policy that was benefitting other students. You have to cater to the “lowest common denominator” in society

Yes, Its clever, its humorous on the surface.  But when the practice of putting up pictures is cancelled, the clown responsible has won.   Like I said, I hope they continue to show veterans and honor them, even if something like this happens again.....BUT, NOW youre gonna get “copy cats” trying to do the same thing, so they can be “clever” too, and ultimately (once again) something good is lost due to some sophomore that doesnt understand how their actions can effect others.

MOST ADULTS would say “Wouldnt it be funny if...”. have a laugh and leave it at that.
Speaking for myself ONLY, if / when the practice / policy comes to an end, it will be a sad day.
its the laughing off of juvenile stupidity is the sad part because of exactly what you pointed out.  the act is overlooked despite what it likely leads to,  which isnt humorous at all.  i guess inappropriate or bad actions should have consequences...unless they make some people laugh,  then its ok.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
In retrospect my thread title is unsavory...

We're a military family ourselves (Navy) and while I found it funny as a prank, I  can understand how others found it offensive.

So if you were offended? You certainly have my apologies.
I wasn't offended.  Just thought it was more meh.  So few people will every know, to them they saw some military dude on the jumbotron.  The few that got this "own" will think themselves very smart.  But as VG83 sez, it isn't quite what they think it is.