Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoff Positions
Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
Is it time to start hoping the Packers crawl back from the grave and beat Dallas and the Eagles?
Not a chance. I want to hear the door slap shut on those assholes so hard that its almost commical. A top ten pick and them skipping on WR next year would be the cherry on top. 

When the NFL breaks a record for the amount of trades before the deadline, and the Packers--maybe the one team who could benefit most from acquiring a key WR or TE-- sits on its hands? You know they're done. Stick a fork in 'em.

And do me a favor, stick it hard. 

People, people, people....

C'mon now, let's let common sense prevail.

We NEVER wish the Packers a 3 or 4 win season; we wish them 8 win seasons, in perpetuity.

[Image: mr-burns-feat-uproxx.jpg?w=650]

In the aftermath of another stunning Packers loss Sunday — this one to the lowly Lions — QB Aaron Rodgers was asked about his continued faith in his team in the midst of what has now grown to be a five-game losing streak.How, Rodgers was asked, could he continue to believe things will turn around this season after losing to a team that came into Sunday with just one win?
Rodgers paused for 13 seconds then offered this:
"I've been counted out many times in my life as have many of my teammates," he told reporters in Detroit on Sunday. "I hope we just dig deep and find a way. We will truly be underdogs for many games going forward. Hopefully we can embrace that."
Whether Rodgers was choosing his words carefully or actively searching for something positive to say — perhaps some of both? — the reality is the same.
Week after week in October and now November, the Vikings have pulled out close games and watched their border rivals fail to do the same — something Patrick Reusse and I talked about on Monday's Daily Delivery podcast.
Minnesota's six-game winning streak has coincided with Green Bay's five-game losing streak, with the down-to-the-wire finishes often looking like mirror images of each other. On Sunday, the Vikings rallied from 10 points down. Green Bay's final drive stalled deep in Lions territory in a 15-9 loss.
Every week, the Vikings' cartoonish lead in the NFC North swells. It's now 4 1/2 games, and it's to the point that Minnesota has at least a mathematical chance to clinch the division by Thanksgiving.
How did this happen? I'll spend some of this week trying to answer that from a Vikings perspective, but after listening to Rodgers and Green Bay head coach Matt LaFleur after Sunday's game I know this: If they don't know, I sure don't.
This is a Packers team, after all, that won 13 games each of the past three seasons while Rodgers won back-to-back MVP awards. Even without Davante Adams and with injuries mounting, nobody could have seen this coming (except Reusse, who did predict a 7-10 Green Bay season).
"Well, a lot of things went into that," Rodgers said Sunday, again after a long pause, when asked how a juggernaut became a can't-win team. "We won a lot of one-score games over those years, and we haven't been doing that this year. That's one thing."
The questions didn't get any easier. He was asked if he regrets coming back instead of retiring, with the reporter saying Rodgers looks "miserable" on the field.
"I think that's an exaggeration," Rodgers said postgame. "Frustration and miserable are two different emotions."
Green Bay is averaging just 17.1 points per game after scoring just nine against Detroit. Rodgers was intercepted three times deep in Detroit territory, including twice inside the 5 yard line.
The numbers add up, even if it doesn't make any sense. This is, after all, a team that averaged 26.5 points last season.
What's the difference this year?
"If I had that answer right now for you, I don't think we'd be in this spot," LaFleur said in response to that question Sunday. "That's something we have to take a good, hard look at. Everything we do.
"https://www.startribune.com/green-bay-packers-losing-aaron-rodgers-vikings-nfc-north-matt-lafleur-randball/600222798/

https://twitter.com/bennyheis/status/158...88705?s=20&t=snoE4jd43IegSnB6R32MLw
Also Aaron Rodgers...
https://twitter.com/Daily_Hedge/status/1...81536?s=20&t=snoE4jd43IegSnB6R32MLw
Also Aaron Rodgers...
https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status...84417?s=20&t=CE8XEsm40bK1PhdcelKLTg

Funny how it takes a team to win games.  All these years and Rodgers acted like it was all him.  But without ANY receiving threat, they just aren't good.

That toss to Bakhtiari was hilarious.  Trying so hard to find a reliable pass catcher, they throw to a old LT.  Rodgers floats it to give him a chance.  

Quote: @"ThunderGod" said:
In hind sight this article is funny.

https://lombardiave.com/2022/09/04/3-bur...22-season/
Seems he might be a little sad they won't lose in the playoffs again this year.

I actually hope the Packers win a few more games this year.  I don't want them to have a top 10 pick to use on a QB.