Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets are for real
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yes they are, but Buffalo isn't as good as everyone thinks they are. 
Their offense is explosive, but as we've seen this season they can hit rough patches and tough defenses can give them trouble. That said, they are one of the top teams in the NFL.  You can't take that away from them.  Josh Allen can win games by himself.

Vikings are going to have to run the ball well (that's one of their defenses weaknesses, you can run on them) and limit those explosive plays downfield. Get some turnovers. They can beat Buffalo, but Buffalo should (and rightfully) be favored to win. If the Vikings can go in there and win or hang with them, it'll say a lot about their team. Good litmus test heading into the back half of the schedule.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Yes they are, but Buffalo isn't as good as everyone thinks they are. 
Their offense is explosive, but as we've seen this season they can hit rough patches and tough defenses can give them trouble. That said, they are one of the top teams in the NFL.  You can't take that away from them.  Josh Allen can win games by himself.

Vikings are going to have to run the ball well (that's one of their defenses weaknesses, you can run on them) and limit those explosive plays downfield. Get some turnovers. They can beat Buffalo, but Buffalo should (and rightfully) be favored to win. If the Vikings can go in there and win or hang with them, it'll say a lot about their team. Good litmus test heading into the back half of the schedule.
Oh yeah, we'll be big time dogs in this one, as we should be. Josh Allen is probably the best QB we will face all year. But we CAN win this game. 

Yes, they can be run on. And their best run weapon (really their ONLY run weapon) is their QB. I don't hate the way we match up in this one. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Josh Allen took a shot that bent his elbow back, it was not pretty.
I think this elbow thing might be a problem. 

Bills open at -7.5

Thats a BIG # - Vegas isnt drinking purple kool aid. 

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/football/nfl/minnesota-vikings-buffalo-bills-202211131300

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Bills open at -7.5

Thats a BIG # 

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/football/nfl/minnesota-vikings-buffalo-bills-202211131300
Does seem a little higher than it should be. I would've guessed about 5.5 or 6. But get in now while you can....before we learn more about Allen's elbow and that number tanks. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Bills open at -7.5

Thats a BIG # - Vegas isnt drinking purple kool aid. 

Being is we keep all the games (save Philly) to 1 score games one way or another thats huge.

On another thread someone started about yesterday being a team confidence builder and I agree.  Needing to come back down by 10 in the 4th quarter after being the better team is something.  We did it with good defense, st's, coaching/play calling and good enough offense.

So I agree we have a very confident team going into Buffalo next week.

I have watched a lot of Jet's games this year because I was a huge Zack Wilson fan coming out the draft so I watch those young QB's like him and Fields specifically.  He is nowhere no how the reason the Jets are winning, Wilson that is.  He can make amazing throws and for the first time the Jets have offensive weapons at the skills.  But Wilson is not playing well.  He makes really typical rookie/young QB mistakes every game.  The Jets D and run offense are carrying the team and unless or until it clicks with Wilson I don't see them being that good.  Hope they don't click until after we play them.  But if Wilson does click they have the makings of a top team for years to come.