Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: TJ Hockenson to the VIkings
Quote: @Skodin said:
I just love that he is going to be a draw for safeties to come down and have to deal with his athleticism.  He is a big red zone target that will pair very well with Jet.  I feel this is going to free up Jet a lot more, especially lined up on the same side.  KJ and Adam become your deep threat (KJ) and short-medium outlets (AT).

PLUS he's a hell of a blocker which Irv was not.  So going 3 wide with a TE can be just as effective as having run blocking TE in but an additional threat and potential great matchup with an audible.

This kid, 25, is not only going to have an impact on this season but also could be a stud for the franchise for the next 5 years.
I think this is the key to the whole thing. Before, it was Irv's in, Vikings are passing. Mundt's in, they're running. TJH allows them to play 1 TE more often with no tip off to run or pass. 

[Image: jiz6jygb2n7b.gif]

Quote: @badgervike said:
Although Iowa is a house divided for NFL loyalty (Vikings, Bears, Chiefs)...the vast majority in central Iowa where Hockenson grew up are Vikings fans.  It's going to be an easy drive up 35 for his family.
Hopefully that makes him easier to resign. He was one of the picks I thought the Lions got right. 

bye bye irv. it was a great 4 years of nothing.

FWIW , the Vikings run game drastically improved today.

Hockenson's run blocking show up  this Sunday @ Washington.

Fluke injuries derail many a career---hope he heals and goes on to a great reboot.  But TJ helps take the sting out of loses him.

Quote: @Akvike said:
Fluke injuries derail many a career---hope he heals and goes on to a great reboot.  But TJ helps take the sting out of loses him.
It's been one fluke injury after another. I believe ISJ is done.

I was shocked when I read it on Twitter. Seemed a little surreal. What a move, big time.