Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandin Cooks anyone??
[Image: v8ndtt4yoxqj.jpg]

sorry screwed up the original post

Thielen has 35 receptions for 350 yards, not sure there is a #2 WR with more receptions.  Cooks has 32 receptions for 354 yards, so I really don't understand why we would give up draft capital for someone who is not a position of need.  If there was any area on offense to be addressed it should be G and TE, however I am not sure why the defense is not the #1 focus of any potential trade.  

Thx for posting Chuck - but I'll believe it when I see Pellisero or Scheftie on this one...

My understanding is to take some coverage off of JJ and stretch the field.  Theory is that Thielen is long in the tooth and cant stretch the field.

Well, he's fast, so there's your field stretcher. 4.33 at his combine. 29 years old. Makes a lot of money, so not sure how he works with our cap, but I know it's pretty easy to restructure here and there to clear space. Has there been a more traded player in the NFL than Brandon Cooks? 

Defenses are focusing a lot of attention on Jefferson and I don't feel that Thielen and Osborn have made the most of that opportunity. They haven't been bad, but adding someone who can stretch the field would really open things up on offense. I'd prefer trading for someone who could be more of a long term piece, but if the price for Cooks is reasonable, then maybe he's what the offense needs to get over the top. Reagor certainly has not emerged as a deep threat and I do worry about what happens if the WR group gets banged up as the season goes on, so another good option would be nice.

Quote: @Tyr said:
Defenses are focusing a lot of attention on Jefferson and I don't feel that Thielen and Osborn have made the most of that opportunity. They haven't been bad, but adding someone who can stretch the field would really open things up on offense. I'd prefer trading for someone who could be more of a long term piece, but if the price for Cooks is reasonable, then maybe he's what the offense needs to get over the top. Reagor certainly has not emerged as a deep threat and I do worry about what happens if the WR group gets banged up as the season goes on, so another good option would be nice.
have you watched film to see that they arent open,  or are you assuming they arent open?  I had access a while back to the all 22 and watched parts of the game and noticed that Cousins was focusing to much on JJ and as such wasnt even seeing AT or other targets until they were no longer open or he simply didnt even look their way.  I dont see that their lack of production is necessarily on them as much as it is KC not understanding what is happening when with this new O.   We were told last winter that this new O has a lot more flexibilty to it in terms of route depths and such based on what the D is doing so there is a shit ton more for KC to process not only pre snap,  but as the D shows what they are really doing on any given play.