Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not more love for that TD pass to Osborn?
Quote: @greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
I marveled at it when it happened and admire it now too....That was reminiscent of the dime he laid on Thielen vs Saints in the playoffs.

I started a thread elsewhere on here; KC just equaled the # of wins Culpepper had here. #6 all time for the Vikings. 

He is not perfect, but he's vastly under appreciated by too many. 
I dont think many underappreciate him, I think a lot of us think he is over paid for what he brings to the table, there are parts of his game that just arent up to par with the best in the game,  but his contracts see him making top money the league.    but what he does good, he does as good as anybody in the league and better than most.   i know how crazy it looks pointing out his mobility issues a 2 days after he runs for a TD, but lets not pretend that is the norm, he also tried to throw for a first when he could have taken 3 more wide open steps and gotten it himself and avoided a 3 and out when we were in burn the clock mode.

but when he is confident and comfortable,  he spins a beautiful ball.

He isn't electric to watch. But, I like having our starting quarterback playing every game of a season over and over. With how fun it was to watch Culpepper take off and run, (and hopefully not fumble), even with his massive size and build, the injuries happened.Bad things can happen to quarterbacks once they leave the pocket.
Cousins certainly looked fleet of foot on his scramble for a TD.  That was pretty crazy.
LOL... fleet of foot?  dont get me wrong,  I loved that he took what was there,  but fleet of foot and Cousins have likely never been used in the same sentence and likely never will again.  I am pretty sure they used a sun dial to time him on that TD run.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
I marveled at it when it happened and admire it now too....That was reminiscent of the dime he laid on Thielen vs Saints in the playoffs.

I started a thread elsewhere on here; KC just equaled the # of wins Culpepper had here. #6 all time for the Vikings. 

I dont think many underappreciate him, I think a lot of us think he is over paid for what he brings to the table, there are parts of his game that just arent up to par with the best in the game,  but his contracts see him making top money the league.    but what he does good, he does as good as anybody in the league and better than most.   i know how crazy it looks pointing out his mobility issues a 2 days after he runs for a TD, but lets not pretend that is the norm, he also tried to throw for a first when he could have taken 3 more wide open steps and gotten it himself and avoided a 3 and out when we were in burn the clock mode.

He isn't electric to watch. But, I like having our starting quarterback playing every game of a season over and over. With how fun it was to watch Culpepper take off and run, (and hopefully not fumble), even with his massive size and build, the injuries happened.Bad things can happen to quarterbacks once they leave the pocket.
Cousins certainly looked fleet of foot on his scramble for a TD.  That was pretty crazy.
LOL... fleet of foot?  dont get me wrong,  I loved that he took what was there,  but fleet of foot and Cousins have likely never been used in the same sentence and likely never will again.  I am pretty sure they used a sun dial to time him on that TD run.
Yeah he didn't look pretty, but that was an amazing scramble.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Yeah he didn't look pretty, but that was an amazing scramble.
we were all laughing at him before he even scored, its was pretty comical watching him run.

@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

oh come on Jimmy, Per Next Gen Stats, Cousins hit 18.29 miles per hour which is the fastest rushing touchdown of his since 2017.  Wink :p  

Quote: @Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

oh come on Jimmy, Per Next Gen Stats, Cousins hit 18.29 miles per hour which is the fastest rushing touchdown of his since 2017.  Wink :p  
I think the radar gun was hitting the wrong target.  8.29 might have been closer.  again, having fun but loved that he actually showed that he was willing to take off when its there...until later and he didnt... but for a brief moment he earned his money in my eyes.

@Kentis said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@wiviking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

I think the radar gun was hitting the wrong target.  8.29 might have been closer.  again, having fun but loved that he actually showed that he was willing to take off when its there...until later and he didnt... but for a brief moment he earned his money in my eyes.

Looked to me like he outran not one but two Card defenders on that TD - I was impressed (and surprised).https://www.vikings.com/video/cousins-ge...chdown-run

I though it looked like Mailman fleeing loose dog speed…!  Wink :p  

As a fat old mailman, I'll tell you that's pretty fast