Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twyman signs with Dolphins
Wish him luck. I always hoped for a good comeback story from him. Hopefully he finds it in Miami, just not this week.
https://www.si.com/college/pittsburgh/fo...s-dolphins

The Miami Dolphins have added a former Pitt Panther to their practice squad roster this week. Jaylen Twyman, who played two seasons for the Panthers from 2018-2019, is back with an NFL team after being waived by the Minnesota Vikings at the end of training camp.
Twyman had worked his way back from multiple gunshot wounds, sustained just months after he was drafted 199th overall by Minnesota in the 2021 NFL Draft. He sat out all of the 2021-22 season while recovering from those injuries and returned to the field in June for training camp. He appeared in all three preseason games for the Vikings, recording seven total tackles. 

He was named a second-team All-American and earned first-team All-ACC honors in 2019 after recording 41 tackles, 10.5 sacks and 12 tackles for loss in 13 games. He opted out of the 2020 season.

Again with the damn human scouting reports. I don't remember a season where this happened so often. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Again with the damn human scouting reports. I don't remember a season where this happened so often. 
Does seem like that's happened quite a lot this season. Probably due to the expanded PS and eligibility rules.

Definitely rooting for this kid and hope he has a successful career.  I am not sure with such a weak DL how we did not keep him.

Quote: @"JR44" said:
Definitely rooting for this kid and hope he has a successful career.  I am not sure with such a weak DL how we did not keep him.
Probably a poor fit for the 3-4.

Well, it's not like he'd be giving away any secrets on defense.  Just throw short when we're in off coverage and get YAC.  Most teams have figured that out on their own lol

I was thinking that too. Every week a former or PS Viking is picked up by the team we are to play this week. Can they really reveal that much? It must mean that sideline signals must be changed every week now. 

Short, short arms kill Twyman inside. Lineman can get to his body and he has trouble shedding, even with his strength. You can just lean on the guy. Johnny Randle was a human dynamo and Hall of Famer, so he can get by with it but its rare otherwise. 

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I was thinking that too. Every week a former or PS Viking is picked up by the team we are to play this week. Can they really reveal that much? It must mean that sideline signals must be changed every week now. 
I don't think it's signals as much as it is defensive philosophy, disguises, situational tendencies.