Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to make some hay.....

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1577352997654364161
I still think there is a gap between the Vikings and teams like the Eagles, Bills, Chiefs, Packers, and a couple others, but the gap is closing and a couple injuries for those teams, a couple lucky bounces for the Vikes and next thing you know.... the curse is broken,  if it can happens for the red sox,  and cubs,  it can happen for us.

I don't think this team can contend but it could make the playoffs.... hurray.  :#

From November 14th to December 31st (nearly 7 weeks) they take one, short road trip to Detroit and play 5 games at home against opps who are not exactly the cream of the league.  That is the time to make hay before going on the road in the cold to Green Bay and Chicago to finish out the season.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1577352997654364161
Except, if it is based on last years schedule, aren't the Jaguars probably figured into those "easy" schedules?

Vikings play the dolphins, both are 3-1 this year.  The Jags have Houston, colts in their division..  

But good time to work out the kinks I hope.

The "Road Game" vs. Saints was at a neutral site in London.

Vikings have 9 Home games this year, instead of 8 due to 17 game season.

Their BYE week happens during Week #7.

There's a bunch of periphial stuff that lines up for them. 

Vikings have had brutal schedules the last few years, so it's good to finally see it ease up.

Best thing for the Vikings is that they're 3-1 after playing poorly on both sides of the ball in 3 of those games. I expect them to start playing better...we've seen it in flashes: the whole Packer game, the opening drive of the Saints game, the 4th quarter of the Lions game. We need to start tying them together. 

Looking over the schedule I see only three remaining games in which the Vikings will not be favored. So if they simply win the games they're supposed to, they finish 13-4. I don't suppose they will, but I'm not as concerned with record as much as I am performance. I'd rather sneak into the playoffs at 10-7, but playing really well, than coast into the playoffs at 13-4 playing like we are now. 

13 games to go, lots of football...

The only way I can internalize this is that when the luck runs out, how much football and coaching talent is there to make up for it?

With the talent I see on D? I still think this is close to a .500 football team when the dust settles. Hope I am wrong and they surprise the hell out of me. 

ITs been 2 years since they were in the post-season and getting back in KOC's first year would be huge for him and the franchise.  

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
13 games to go, lots of football...

The only way I can internalize this is that when the luck runs out, how much football and coaching talent is there to make up for it?

With the talent I see on D? I still think this is close to a .500 football team when the dust settles. Hope I am wrong and they surprise the hell out of me. 

ITs been 2 years since they were in the post-season and getting back in KOC's first year would be huge for him and the franchise.  
That's it. If the defense doesn't improve, they might make the playoffs, but won't go anywhere. Improved defense could make them competitive in the playoffs. It's a little hard to see that happening at this point.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I don't think this team can contend but it could make the playoffs.... hurray.  :#

From November 14th to December 31st (nearly 7 weeks) they take one, short road trip to Detroit and play 5 games at home against opps who are not exactly the cream of the league.  That is the time to make hay before going on the road in the cold to Green Bay and Chicago to finish out the season.
That was the window of games I was focused on before the season.  If we can build consistency going into and coming out of that stretch of games we are in great shape!

The improvement/consistency haven't really been there despite the wins.  I will say being #2 in penalties and +1 TO ratio shows that we aren't beating ourselves so that is a turnaround from the Zimmer years.

3-1 over the next "quarter" will go along way as we push into the second half of season (which sets up favorably)

Give me 6-2 at the halfway mark with only two tough road games left (Buff, GB)