Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what I think?
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Wow, we'll take it but... not pretty at all.  Kudos to the offense continuing to plug away.  Big play by defense at the end...
All things considered the defense might have outplayed the offense. It’s close. Neither unit was great but hey we won so I’m smiling. 

Maybe next time Lions fans!
I was expecting Goff to throw a bomb to win, nice that is throw was a bit of target and intercepted...  Far from a complete game but scrappy to come back, will give kudos for that aspect!

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:
Wow, we'll take it but... not pretty at all.  Kudos to the offense continuing to plug away.  Big play by defense at the end...
All things considered the defense might have outplayed the offense. It’s close. Neither unit was great but hey we won so I’m smiling. 

I was expecting Goff to throw a bomb to win, nice that is throw was a bit of target and intercepted...  Far from a complete game but scrappy to come back, will give kudos for that aspect!

Yep, and I think a huge part of that last play was that they finally generated some pressure on Goff and made him uncomfortable.  The pressure was so unexpected that I was preparing for the worst as well.

@"IDVikingfan" said:

no.It isn’t even close. The defense by no stretch played well today. The pick at the end? That was a gift. The offense bailed us out twice in this game. Even the kicking game tried to sink us. No way can I put much on the offense in this one.

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

no.It isn’t even close. The defense by no stretch played well today. The pick at the end? That was a gift. The offense bailed us out twice in this game. Even the kicking game tried to sink us. No way can I put much on the offense in this one.
My point was more that neither unit played well. Jefferson had like 20 yards? Irv dropping balls again? Run blocking was solid and Dalvin carried us but now he’s hurt. Kirk is the same guy he always is. Glad he got the chance to save us and did late. But the O was v bad too. Defense maybe a smidge worse but for me, it’s close. D stood tall late and held them in check in the 2H (once St Brown and Swift were hurt but we won’t focus on that ha).

@"Mike Olson" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

My point was more that neither unit played well. Jefferson had like 20 yards? Irv dropping balls again? Run blocking was solid and Dalvin carried us but now he’s hurt. Kirk is the same guy he always is. Glad he got the chance to save us and did late. But the O was v bad too. Defense maybe a smidge worse but for me, it’s close. D stood tall late and held them in check in the 2H (once St Brown and Swift were hurt but we won’t focus on that ha).
Yeah I get your take but for me the WIDE open chinks of yardage is the thing that sets it aside for me. That seems to either be a scheme problem or a failure to understand issue. Irv can catch the ball. We know that. I suppose he could have the tips, but I think putting up 28 points should be enough to secure a win.

Quote: @"IDVikingfan" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"IDVikingfan" said:

I was expecting Goff to throw a bomb to win
Oh, come on, that was so "last year"! :p

So, game breakdown:

Shit show.....ok, all tied up, not a shit show!....omg, shit show.....are you kidding me, no call for PI on the Thielen pass?? @#$%....why are the Lions trying a FG??.....Woooooo, TD KJ!!.....omg, Metellus!! Hang on to that INT, WTF!!!.....Hey, INT for Metellus to secure the win!!!

Sigh.....nap required.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
So, game breakdown:

Shit show.....ok, all tied up, not a shit show!....omg, shit show.....are you kidding me, no call for PI on the Thielen pass?? @#$%....why are the Lions trying a FG??.....Woooooo, TD KJ!!.....omg, Metellus!! Hang on to that INT, WTF!!!.....Hey, INT for Metellus to secure the win!!!

Sigh.....nap required.
And only 15 more regular season games to go lol!!