Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gofundme Campaign for Caactorvike’s Daughter and Family
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
 I like to think everyone for the wonderful kind wishes that have been sent our way. My daughter remains in critical condition in the ICU. She had an operation to remove the infected skin (more thN 50%of her body) and yesterday had an operation to protect her eyes. Tom his wife and son have been absolutely wonderful in helping us through this period. They went through it themselves. She remains on a ventilator.  all of this was the reaction to a medication. It happens in approximately six out of 1 million cases. We always knew she was one in a million.
 again thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. 
caactorvike (ivar)
Damn, I was hoping for better news. My family will continue to hold your daughter up in your prayers. 
Maroon - The condition itself is awful, but the update that Ivar provided is actually as expected.   When this hits, you have to go through so much, but the surgeries are the steps towards recovery.  The doctors keep you listed in critical condition because the patient can't eat and needs assistance to breath due to swelling in the throat.

It's just one of those recoveries that requires things to get worse before they get better.  Like my son, Ivar's daughter can't speak (due to the pain and swelling the throat, as well as the ventilator needed to help breathe due to that throat condition) and now she can't see for about 7 days (the eye surgery is needed to protect her corneas due to the skin condition).

It is surely no walk in the park, but hopefully, the next news we hear is that she is off the assisted breathing, and then about a week later, we look forward to her starting to see better, and she looks at her Mom and Dad and asks for food.

She's a tough little girl.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
 I like to think everyone for the wonderful kind wishes that have been sent our way. My daughter remains in critical condition in the ICU. She had an operation to remove the infected skin (more thN 50%of her body) and yesterday had an operation to protect her eyes. Tom his wife and son have been absolutely wonderful in helping us through this period. They went through it themselves. She remains on a ventilator.  all of this was the reaction to a medication. It happens in approximately six out of 1 million cases. We always knew she was one in a million.
 again thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. 
caactorvike (ivar)
Damn, I was hoping for better news. My family will continue to hold your daughter up in your prayers. 
Maroon - The condition itself is awful, but the update that Ivar provided is actually as expected.   When this hits, you have to go through so much, but the surgeries are the steps towards recovery.  The doctors keep you listed in critical condition because the patient can't eat and needs assistance to breath due to swelling in the throat.

It's just one of those recoveries that requires things to get worse before they get better.  Like my son, Ivar's daughter can't speak (due to the pain and swelling the throat, as well as the ventilator needed to help breathe due to that throat condition) and now she can't see for about 7 days (the eye surgery is needed to protect her corneas due to the skin condition).

It is surely no walk in the park, but hopefully, the next news we hear is that she is off the assisted breathing, and then about a week later, we look forward to her starting to see better, and she looks at her Mom and Dad and asks for food.

She's a tough little girl.
I know there are no "good" illnesses, but my God what an especially horrible and hideous thing this is. It almost makes me angry. But what a remarkable thing that Ivar has you to help him through this. Man, what are the odds...

Thanks for the update Ivar. Sending positive and healing vibes.

and thinking of you today.  isnt the Drs appt. today?