Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 points
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@ArizonaViking said:
After watching the game, I see Rodgers as the culprit for the Packers loss.  He got sacked 4 times, but could have avoided 2 of them if he only threw the ball away.  But he held on and held on until he got smashed.
First big mistake he made:  Setting up a screen to Dillon, but there was a missed block on Smith so Dillon  tried to block and release for the screen.  Smith knocked Dillon off his feet,  Rodgers kept rolling out and holding the ball until he got buried and fumbled the ball away.
Second big mistake he made:  The throw to Cobb, Rodgers stared him down from the snap.  Hitman Harry probably read Rodgers the entire time and when Rodgers threw the pass, Harry jumped in front of it and intercepted it.
Last big mistake:  Fourth quarter, about 3 1/2 minutes left.  Rodgers facing a 4th and 6, he throws a 30 yard pass to the end zone to his tight end whose being doubled covered...pass is knocked down.
With rookie wide receivers and a beat up offensive line, the game plan was to run the ball and throw a lot of scree passes to protect Rodgers.  Rodgers, himself took the team away from this with his own decision making.
Agree. It almost seemed like he was making some sort of self-pitying statement to management by taking all those sacks. 
No way, are you combining Rodgers and self-pity together his passive aggressive demeanor is a ray of sunshine on the frozen tundra Smile 

Getting way too excited here, but it would be nice to beat them again at the end of the season, and have Smith whisper to him "we own you".   
LOL. Yeah, he ADORES playing the victim...you could see it on his stupid face every time the cameras zoomed in. Like "what am I supposed to do, this is what you gave me to work with." It was fucking delicious. 

https://twitter.com/mjfapologist/status/...22177?s=20&t=bLnhqbHXDIqso4d5SpL6qQ
This is absolutely hilarious

Quote: @ArizonaViking said:
After watching the game, I see Rodgers as the culprit for the Packers loss.  He got sacked 4 times, but could have avoided 2 of them if he only threw the ball away.  But he held on and held on until he got smashed.
First big mistake he made:  Setting up a screen to Dillon, but there was a missed block on Smith so Dillon  tried to block and release for the screen.  Smith knocked Dillon off his feet,  Rodgers kept rolling out and holding the ball until he got buried and fumbled the ball away.
Second big mistake he made:  The throw to Cobb, Rodgers stared him down from the snap.  Hitman Harry probably read Rodgers the entire time and when Rodgers threw the pass, Harry jumped in front of it and intercepted it.
Last big mistake he made:  Fourth quarter, about 3 1/2 minutes left.  Rodgers facing a 4th and 6, he throws a 30 yard pass to the end zone to his tight end whose being doubled covered...pass is knocked down.
With rookie wide receivers and a beat up offensive line, the game plan was to run the ball and throw a lot of screen passes to protect Rodgers.  Rodgers, himself took the team away from this with his own decision making.
Because of his receivers he has elected to once again play sandlot football, scramble around and hold the ball. That isn't going to work against the Vikings. Perhaps everything will be fine in cheeseland once he gets his injured players back. But right now he looks just like he did in the playoff game last year. He will never accept his share of the blame in the loss. Comforting to know he woke up sore and cranky this morning. 

So, new inside linebacker Jordan Hicks, how did new defensive coordinator Ed Donatell do against his former team in his Purple debut?
"Awesome," said Hicks, who had a game-high 14 tackles, nine of them solo, and a sack that created one of the Vikings' two takeaways. "We knew what to expect the whole game. Ed is the most calm, transparent defensive coordinator I've ever been around. There were no surprises. Just look at the way we played. We played together." Hicks' sack led to a 56-yard field goal and a 20-0 lead. "I had the tight end to the flat on that play," Hicks said. "And he blocked. When I saw that, I took off and tried to get [to Rodgers] as fast as I could. And I put my all into him. It worked out." Eric Kendricks, the other starting inside linebacker, had only four tackles, but added a key pass defense

https://www.startribune.com/five-extra-p...600206014/